Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

MagPul

• Thank you received: 102

MagPul was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Hey guys, I read in Guns and Ammo's book of the AR-15 2009, that Magpul is coming out with a polymer 20 round mag for the AR-10, I called them and tried to get some info, hopefully I will find out when, how much and what platform the will be. I will keep you all posted when I find out.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 9 months ago #1785

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:MagPul

They got back to me,

Thank you for your inquiry. The PMAG 20LR for DPMS/SR25 style of 7.62x51 rifles is currently in development with a retail of $19.95. However, it will not fit the Armalite AR10 and the ETA is unknown at this time.

Well for the ArmaLite guys we are screwed, dam.
But for you DPMS guys enjoy when they come out.

Maybe there is hope...
Will you by chance make one For the ArmaLite, or is westrom being stubrin.

We're always looking for ways to improve upon existing products and explore the boundaries of new ideas but are not releasing any information on new products that may or may not be in the works

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 9 months ago #1786

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Qbeam on topic Re:MagPul

BMS,

You could always ask CAA, or TangoDown whether they would make one. They seem to be producing magazines to compete against the Magpuls. Never hurts to ask.

Qbeam
14 years 9 months ago #1807

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:MagPul

It never hurts to ask, but it seems that most after market mags are for the .223 and the AK, one of the draw backs to owning the original AR-10, not to mention that ArmaLite has it's issues with aftermarket parts. As MSH said they had to be the odd man out, or everyone else just said we will make them as alike as possible, which ever. Don't get me wrong, I am proud to own my AR-10, it just seems that all the good stuff is for every thing else, that is why I spent so much time finding every thing that would fit an ArmaLite.
I will inquire with those companies to see, and post it if I find out anything.
BMS

14 years 9 months ago #1808

Replied by haskell on topic MagPul

what can us individual armalite owners do to get mag-pul to build us a mag? :(
12 years 4 months ago #9750

Replied by Qbeam on topic Re: MagPul

Maybe have them make a combination M1A/Armalite AR-10 magazine. With the polymer manufacturing techniques, they could make it fit both rifles a lot better than the metal versions.
12 years 4 months ago #9767

Replied by haskell on topic i wish

maybe they could offer an optional follower for m1a mags. or cut a slot in ar10 mags back rib and offer a optional follower for it. i wonder if first gen armalite follower would fit in a m1a magpul mag? :woohoo:
12 years 4 months ago #9770

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: MagPul

I see 3 USGI M14 Mags on GB going for $110 and 2 days left. They might be new, but there's some finish wear. I don't know if these mags are something special (marking is I-S and MT Co) or if that's the going rate, but if that's the going rate then it's a project I would be interested in if I were Magpul.

20-25 round polymer mags for the AR-10 would be a good thing.

Charlie (purely loves the polymer AUG mags)
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 4 months ago #9771

Replied by mugadutz on topic Re: MagPul

if magpul comes out with a mag. is it going to be any cheaper than an regular ARM. MAG
12 years 2 months ago #10638

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: MagPul

Not to burst your bubble...on this long topic..for many years.. :whistle:
ArmaLite has now Designed the AR-10 A, which will "Except the P-Mags"...so if that is a serious issue, then you may want to consider one...I have also been told the
"Possibly" there may be an "Upgrade" for those who own the AR-10 B which uses the Gen 2 Mags...but that Is a "Maybe"...so don't Quote me on it... :pinch:
BMS

12 years 2 months ago #10660

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!