Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Gen l mags,

• Thank you received: 102

Gen l mags, was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Hey guys, I need all your input on this. A friend of mine is have serious issues with the Gen l mags and apparently Armalite was not much help.
I thought I saw somewhere a way to modify the Gen l mags so they would operate better, any one know of anything.
If you have any ideas, please post them up. I hate to see anyone with faulty mags for an AR-10.
Thanks in advance.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 6 months ago #2131

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Gen l mags,

There is some things that needs to be looked at on this. The feed lips need to ride as high as can be without touching the bolt carrier. The bullet point needs to contact the ramp on the barrel ext. Once this is checked if the rounds are not stripping out fast enough you can shorten the mag ears aprox 1/4 inch on the forward side. this ususlly fixes the problem. But do the check see first and the feed lips close to the bolt carrier is a must.MSH
14 years 6 months ago #2164

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Gen l mags,

Thanks my friend, I have passed on the info to my other friend, now it is up to him.
I knew you would have some idea on how to fix it.

You the Man...........(compliment)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 6 months ago #2169

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!