Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Buttstock Magazine Pouch for collapsible stock?

• Thank you received: 0

Buttstock Magazine Pouch for collapsible stock? was created by Hoss0013

Hey Y'all,
Haven't been on this site for quite some time. I'm trying to see if anyone has used the "Spec.-Ops. Ready-Fire Mode Buttstock Magazine Pouch AR-10" (or something comparable) on a collapsible AP-4 stock (DPMS LR-308AP4)? I like the idea of it, but wonder if the straps are adjustable enough to cinch up to the buffer tube. Anyone have any ideas about this?
Also, I ordered from Midway two "MagPul Pmag 20LR Magazine DPMS LR-308", the new polymer ar-10 mags. They've got great reviews, and even though factory mags have come down in price, these are nicely priced for the purported features. Has anyone tried these out yet?
Hoss
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Hoss0013. Reason: spell check
13 years 1 month ago #6984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Buttstock Magazine Pouch for collapsible stock?

I seen a couple of guys using those mags...in the DPMSs, they look cool and from what they told me work great......so I guess give them a try...
On the mag pouch...I don't have a SO....but I do use a Black Hawk...on mine...being it's designed for the AR-15 mags I had a hell of a time getting the ArmaLite AR10 mag in it...but I got it to stretch. The original ones had the adjustable slip straps and i replaced them with the velcro ones.....just got one today from midway...and BH went to the velcro straps....You always can replace the straps your self unless they are sewn in....
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 1 month ago #6988

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Buttstock Magazine Pouch for collapsible stock?

While I haven't used the 7.62 PMags, I'm a big fan of the 5.56 PMags. I've got about 9 or 10 of them and haven't had an issue with any of them. Before I drank the Kool-aid, I bought one and tortured it. I was still a green suiter at the time, so that mag took everything I could dream up - thrown across a range empty, thrown across the range loaded. Ran over it with my POV on concrete, ran over it with an M1014 on dirt, ran over it with an FMTV on gravel. All it did was scuff the plastic - the magazine functioned fine after every drive by. Then I put it in my freezer for a few days and thawed it by putting it in the oven (It goes without saying that the mag was empty when I did this.) I'd say buy with confidnece. If only Magpul would make one for the Armalite
RLTW
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoss0013
13 years 1 month ago #6992

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!