Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

• Thank you received: 529

SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake was created by OleCowboy

This muzzle brake is based upon the SCAR 5.56 design. It seems to get raves, anyone have any thoughts on this on?

primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?...duct=37&idcategory=6

PRODUCT DETAILS
The Flash Suppressing Compensator (FSC) Series of muzzle devices from PWS provides superior compensation characteristics combined with enough flash suppression to keep the flash out of your optics and line of sight. Designed for both competitive and tactical use, the FSC Series allows for superior muzzle stabilization and aids the shooter in faster follow-up shots and accuracy.

The unique port design of the FSC Series yields muzzle control that meets or exceeds the performance of the best muzzle brakes on the market without the teeth-rattling overpressure indicative of other brakes and compensators.

All of the FSC Series muzzle devices have been classified as a non-flash suppressing device by the BATFE, thus removing any restriction from assault weapon ban states or provinces. A copy of this document is available upon request or on our website at www.primaryweapons.com.

Developed in conjunction with the FSC 556 as an option for rifles chambered in .308, the FSC 30 ships standard on the FNH® SCAR® 17S. Coupling flash suppression with muzzle control, the FSC 30 is an ideal compensator for putting a high volume of rounds on target.

SPECIFICATIONS
CALIBER.308
LENGTH2.95” (74.9 mm)
DIAMETER.877” (22.27 mm)
THREAD PITCH5/8x24 RH
WEIGHT3.4 oz (96.4 g)
10 years 10 months ago #23897

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

I would like one ...if it works.....
10 years 10 months ago #23898

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

Been reading the reviews and it about as good as anything I have read so just wondering if anyone on here has any insight.
10 years 10 months ago #23899

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

How much work is it to get the stock flash suppressor off? That alone I think might keep me from getting one of these. I hate messing with things like this that already work so well - other than not being any kind of a compensator...
10 years 10 months ago #23901

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

Secure barrel with a set of barrel clamps in a vise. Use a wrench and remove the flash hider
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #23902

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

No heat or anything required eh? I'm surprised. I've never actually taken one off before.
10 years 10 months ago #23905

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

No Sir,.....there is a crush washer that acts like a lock washer and provides for positioning.
Must be replaced if the flash hider is removed
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #23916

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic SCAR 7.62 Muzzle Brake

I got the chance to fire a SCAR 17s awhile ago. The recoil wasn't quite as strong as I thought it would be, and I guess it could have been the muzzle device. It was the middle of the day, so I have no idea how well it worked with regard to flash reduction. I will say that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as most .308 carbines to shoot next to. The muzzle blast wasn't bad at all.
10 years 10 months ago #23923

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!