Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Early AR-10 Bayonet

• Thank you received: 556

Early AR-10 Bayonet was created by jtallen83

Here is a little piece or AR-10 history for sale;
www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AR10-Armalite-AR-1...&hash=item565dafa8bc
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30468

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Early AR-10 Bayonet

Holey Moley !!! You gotta REEEEALLY be a serious collector to pay that kinda greenage for a bayonet man. If it still had Hitler's blood on it then maybe but ya know, I'd have to have the scratch to throw and a believable certification or something...

I'll stick with my S&W Bayonet. It's yet to be christened but ya know, hopes are always high... :laugh:
10 years 5 months ago #30469

I know some guys chuckle about it but if you've ever been on a drug raid and had some mook come around the corner in a hurry and reach for your goods, a nice muzzle protector is irreplaceable....

Can't have no mooks gettin the edge on ya and there's nothing like a solid toad sticker or sternum crusher on the end to dissuade their distasteful intentions ya know.... :laugh:

Of course, a bayonet MIGHT be a bit much for police work but, well, I ain't one no more so hey, all's fair in love, war and fendin off unsavory mooks... :laugh:

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #30470

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Early AR-10 Bayonet

A broken bolt, sheared off lugs, from a rifle of this era sold at $175, 1 of the two hand guard halves sold for $200. There are some collectors out there with enough money they don't care! I'm happy just to see what one looks like! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30471

Did our military ever use that issuance of bayonet? I know it says Sudanese but just wondering if we also used the same blade or if we imported them or anything?
10 years 5 months ago #30472

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Early AR-10 Bayonet

I don't think so, we never did much past testing with the AR-10. I've seen video of some of the testing but never caught a close look at the bayonet.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30474

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!