Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Does Flaming Pig = Heavy Buffer ?????

• Thank you received: 556

Does Flaming Pig = Heavy Buffer ????? was created by jtallen83

A question from LebbenB about a muzzle device to tame the blast from my PM 400 has got me thinking :pinch:
The Noveske flaming pig I have is said to create more back pressure, does this mean I'll have to change buffers for a heavier one?
Most of the reading I've done are cases when an AR pistol needed one to gain pressure and help it function, not my issue at all.
So far the "pistol" has not missed a beat, I sure don't want to mess that up. I don't want it to start beating itself up either....
any suggestions or first hand experience??????
​My wife bought the pig for me as a Christmas gift so I'd like to use it, don't want her to stop getting me cool stuff for my guns you know!
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 10 months ago #37562

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Does Flaming Pig = Heavy Buffer ?????

Jt- It seems to be very popular with the pistol crowd. I didn't notice much of a difference with it on, but I did not fired any rounds at night with it and they say this can make a huge difference in low light conditions. I don't recall ever seeing issues that you are concerned with being brought up on the many Flaming pig threads over on AR-15 .com. You might want to go over and look around in the AR15 pistol section. All that said I think the pig makes a pistol look badass for sure. Some of the weapons I have seen them on had full length quad rails with just the pig sticking out of the quad , which makes the brain think its looking at a 4 gauge shotgun pistol. I say if you like it throw it on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 10 months ago #37604

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!