Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

hi

• Thank you received: 0

hi was created by ChrisC

my name is chris. started building ar 15s about a year ago, will the lower parts, then adding a complete upper. I recently aquired a aero ar 10 lower. have the lower parts kit. just ordered a majority of the upper parts minus the barrel, bolt, and bolt carrier. cant seem to find them in stock. I have one question, may be a dumb one, but just making sure im ordering the right parts. whats the difference between ar 10 parts and ar 10(t) parts. appreciate the info. any tips will be appreciated, and im looking forward to joining the crew.
15 years 3 months ago #1044

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by adminv15 on topic Re:hi

Hi Chris and welcome to the site! Glad you've taken on the AR-10 project as most of us here find it to be our favorite rifle.

The difference between the AR-10 and AR-10(T) is just that the (T) model by Armalite is their target or match version. The parts are interchangeable with the exception of the free float handguard that is found on the (T) model.

When I bought my AR-10 in 2003 there were no where near the options now available. Building your own is probably the way to go to get the best bang for your buck. I on the other hand scrapped many things like the buttstock, grip, and free float tube for aftermarket models.

Glad to have you around!
15 years 3 months ago #1052

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by yumarick on topic Re:hi

And Hi from another new member! I only have the desire and interest to get an AR-10 type of weapon. Was interested in long distance shooting many years ago, but have been doing very short range stuff the last 15 yrs or so. Working as a handgun/concealed carry instructor. Like the .308 idea due to long military background. Last long gun went in divorce many years back was a Rem 700 in 30-06, popular at the time. Qual'd in the M14 and M14E2 as an 11B Infantry guy in the Vietnam years. Liked them. Always thought the M16 was just too small.
Have one small question showing my large ignorance on this stuff - why does the dpms site indicate one needs an FFL to get the kit? I know handgun shipping requires it, but did not know it extended to any rifles.
Glad to be here, already learning,
Rick
15 years 3 months ago #1062

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:hi

Welcome Rick!
15 years 3 months ago #1063

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!