Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Hello - New member with stripped AR10 receiver

• Thank you received: 0

Hello - New member with stripped AR10 receiver was created by Bhart89

Hello All - I'm the proud new owner of a stripped AR10 receiver. Went to my local shop to pick up a stripped AR15 receiver for another 1/7 A2 build (I'm over my M4 phase :) and I saw this AR10 lower there so of course I picked up both.

I've been shooting AR's for about 10 years and have a few other 7.62 rifles but this is my first AR10. I'll be building it up over the next few months into an 20" A4 (provided parts are available).

I've browsed the Armalite web site and am guessing it will be about $1600 or so to assemble it the way I want with 5 mags to start.

I'm planning on the 20" A4 upper, the lower parts kit (standard), the A2 stock, the free float railed handguard, a BUIS and some mags.

Anyone have any advise?
15 years 1 week ago #1369

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:Hello - New member with stripped AR10 receiver

I don't have any advice on your AR-10 build, but welcome aboard!
15 years 1 week ago #1371

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Hello - New member with stripped AR10 receiver

Hello, and congratulations, lets see if we can help. Your going with a 20" A4 setup, are you going to build it for competition, hunting or defense. If your building for competition than mlotziii would be a good one to talk to, and crux is the SASS man, he is more familiar with the factory free float system than I am and could advise you if went with a SASS upper. Now if you want to go after market, I can give you a few ideas. The companies that I found that have free float systems for the AR-10 are, Daniel Defense, which run about $360 to $400 in 9" and 12", LaRue tactical which range from 9" to 13.2" and from $273 to $329. Now I have a A4C with a drop in railed forearm from Midwest Industries who is also making one for the AR-10 rifle version, 20" barrel so that may be something to consider. As far as sight systems, I guess that is going to depend on your gas block, if you go low profile, you can mount the front sight on the rail of your forearm, if you go with the railed gas block, then you will need a taller one. I have the ERS (Emergency Rear Sight) from MI, and the flip-up front sight for the AR-10 railed gas block. They also have the SPLP (Same Plane, Low Profile) which folds down to less than 1/2" (good for under the scopes), and they are economical, you also have Troy and Vtor, that make good BUIS, but they are a little more pricey. I hope I have been of some help.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
15 years 1 week ago #1372

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Bhart89 on topic Re:Hello - New member with stripped AR10 receiver

Thanks for the replies. This will primarily be a blaster. I want a chrome lined barrel and will be happy with 2MOA or better benched with sandbags and a good scope.

Can anyone comment on 2 stage trigger versus the standard? Is the 2 stage that much better considering I won't have an actual AR10T upper?
15 years 1 week ago #1378

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Hello - New member with stripped AR10 receiver

The standard A4 upper comes with a double lapped chrome lined barrel. As far as the two stage trigger, I like it because it gives me the extra pull to make sure I'm where I want to be with my shot. With the AR I'm knot sure on the single stage but my .30-06 has a single pull and it gets frustrating some time when I'm trying to be precise. The 2MOA, well I have pulled off a .5 MOA with a stock 16" barrel at a 100yrds, a lower MOA is possible. The two stage trigger also has no real impact when slapping the trigger (fun). I hope this helps.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
15 years 1 week ago #1379

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!