Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Federal Large Rifle Primers- #210

• Thank you received: 7

Federal Large Rifle Primers- #210 was created by ernierod

If a properly installed Fed Primer is used in a 308 SA rifle-is there an increased possibility of a slam fire due to the increased sensitivity of the Federal Primer??? Any experience out there?? TNX
10 years 3 months ago #34400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by bipe215 on topic Federal Large Rifle Primers- #210

I've used them with no problem in a 10T
10 years 3 months ago #34401

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Federal Large Rifle Primers- #210

I've had no issues with my reloads using federal match primers. I can't say I've ever read of anyone actually having a slamfire in an AR-10, I have read warnings about it but that's it.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #34412

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Federal Large Rifle Primers- #210

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; :I-agree: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; I have read about it.
I lucked out and before the big primer/powder scare several years ago, I had already bought up several boxes of CCI and also Winchesters, just because of what I had read.
I was also able to snag up about 3,000 rounds of primered .308 brass, the bullits had been pulled, brand new brass that had never been fired. I removed the punch pin from the sizing die and resized the casings without punching the primers. Loaded some with powder and booolits and they all fired perfectly. The are Black Hills Brass too.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 3 months ago #34421

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!