Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Accuracy Improvement

• Thank you received: 7

Accuracy Improvement was created by ernierod

Anyone with experience using whole body length sizing die plus neck collet sizing die?? Will it reduce bullet runout (concentricity)-accuracy???
10 years 2 months ago #35104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Accuracy Improvement

Just bumping you to the top
10 years 2 months ago #35148

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Accuracy Improvement

Can't help you. I use small base dies on all my brass, even though I don't really need to. Once I shoot them I could just do neck and shoulder sizing, as I only have one 7.62x51. Will be interested to hear the responses.
10 years 2 months ago #35156

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Accuracy Improvement

Are you doing this for a gas gun or a bolt gun?

Collet dies work best if you are reloading for one particular gun, using brass that has been fired out of that gun and has been fire formed to that gun's chamber. Key to using a collet die is the seating depth - the tip of the bullet should be touching or nearly touching the lands in order to see any sort of accuracy improvement. FYI - Collet dies aren't recommended for auto-loaders, lever actions or pump action rifles because while the case neck gets re-sized, the case body does not, which could lead to feeding issues.
RLTW
10 years 2 months ago #35269

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic Accuracy Improvement

Yeah that's why I use small base dies for my AR10. I didn't always and never had feeding issues but I could see where there were scuff marks that I didn't like and decided to play it safe. I have a 30-06 bolt gun that I just neck resize for but that doesn't slam the bolt and round as hard and if it's a tight fit I'll know before I pull the loud lever.
10 years 2 months ago #35275

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!