Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Just another Newbie here...

• Thank you received: 0

Just another Newbie here... was created by Smitty_nct

Another Smitty here apparently. Just got my first AR10 last week and I love it. I will most likely be adding the AR15 to my arsenal here in the near future as well... As long as my wife doesn't have anything to say about it. I shot the AR10 this past Saturday, and one of the things I noticed about it, is the long travel on the trigger, then the pull was a bit heavy too. The one I got is the Armalite AR10A4CBF. Can anyone tell me if the is any adjustment that can be made on the trigger? Also, I picked up a spare 20 round mag but it doesn't seem to work with this rifle. I got the Magpul PMAG Gen3 and it will not fit in the well. Any ideas?
9 years 8 months ago #41888

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Just another Newbie here...

I believe your model uses the proprietary GenII mags from ArmaLite, Magpul doesn't make a mag for those, just ArmaLite;

www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Categor...cb-b342-337b7eaf5cba

Here is a tech note on tuning and installation of the trigger;

www.armalite.com/images/Tech%20Notes/Tec...0Stage%20Trigger.pdf

www.armalite.com/images/Tech%20Notes/TEC...091005%20Rev%206.pdf

The long pull is due to the two stage arrangement, more of a combat trigger. It is one of the better factory AR triggers but if you want something real nice look at Geissele;

geissele.com/triggers.html?weapon_platform=36

I almost forgot :welcome:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 8 months ago #41890

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Just another Newbie here...

:welcome: To the best AR10 forum on the Internet! :thumbs:

I've tried several triggers through the years but Geissele's SSA-E is simply the best trigger I've ever used.
9 years 8 months ago #41951

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Just another Newbie here...

Welcome to the forum. I have the same rifle. I like the trigger, although it is not as smooth as the national match trigger I have on my AR10 T carbine. Give yourself a few hundred rounds to break it in and evaluate it before changing. Mine smoothed out pretty quickly. That rifle is capable of 1 MOA groups quite easily.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 8 months ago #41955

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by MTM on topic Just another Newbie here...

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net and congrats on the rifle. The tactical 2-stage trigger is quite nice. I set mine to the lightest of the three settings and it made quite a difference. As Siscowet stated, it gets even better after a bit of use.
9 years 7 months ago #41970

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Smitty_nct on topic Just another Newbie here...

Thanks guys. This forum seems to be a great place for an old fart like myself to get back into the tactical side of our shooting sports.

Hey Siscowet, do you feel like this rifle would be a good option for a tack driving deer sniper rifle?? LOL... Actually, I do plan on using it for deer hunting, but I will be doing a lot of other recreational shooting with it as well.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys. Hopefully you will see me posting more often as soon as I finish up school.

Smitty_nc
9 years 7 months ago #41976

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Just another Newbie here...y

Welcome, and yes it will work for that. Is it the best choice? Depends where you hunt. My deer country I rarely get a shot over 50 yards. With this rifle you should be good out to 500 with practice and the right optics. My problem is finding a range over 300 yards. Take the time to find the load and bullets that it likes. Mine loves 168 grain Sierras, now I am going to try some 165 grain BTSP's and see if they will work for hunting without the tips deforming.
9 years 7 months ago #41993

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!