Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Reloader 15 Handloads

• Thank you received: 5

Reloader 15 Handloads was created by Bear

I have not been able to find Varget, but recently found Reloader 15 in stock at 3d Generation Shooter Supply in Oklahoma, so grabbed 10 pounds.

This powder has been described as having nearly the same characteristics as Varget, but more temperature sensitive. This lot is marked 9/27/2014, and the containers are marked, Broad Caliber Range, Consistent At All Temperatures, High Velocity Varmint Loads.

I had read that the 118 sniper rounds were loaded with Reloader 15, but at high temperatures, the pressures were increased, so the 118 load is now different. I also saw mention that Reloader 15 was modified to be more insensitive to temperature.

Last check there were still 20+ pounds of this powder in stock.

Anyone using recent lots of this powder and have any experience? Also what are your favorite loads for 155, 168, 175 grain bullets. I have both SMK and AMax bullets on hand.

Thanks,
Bear
9 years 4 months ago #43383

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Reloader 15 Handloads

Bear I really like RE-15 powder, here is a link to a discussion about it.
www.ar10t.com/forums/reloading/13342-smk-168-gr-re-15-data
I have heard it is more and that it is less temperature sensitive than Varget. I am not going to use it in 105 F Iraqi heat, so I am not too worried about it. I will post some more links on RE15 discussions. I just scored five pounds. I also use it for my 5.56 loading.

www.ar10t.com/forums/reloading/14704-reloader-15-max-load
Is another one.

www.ar10t.com/forums/reloading/14708-a-frustrating-range-day-p
Is another
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 4 months ago #43386

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by 30CalFun on topic Reloader 15 Handloads

I have been shooting Re15 for several years now with very good results. It is accurate, and have not had issues with accuracy due to temperatures. It will shoot sub moa (more often than I can) and is not too dirty. I have had good results in my rifle (a AR10 SASS) with 168 gr. SMK bullets and 42.5 gr. and 43 gr. of Re15. I have also had good luck with 175 gr. SMK and 42.5 gr. I believe I have also had good luck with 43 gr. but have opted to shoot the lighter load. I would get the other 10 lbs. and be ready if there is another shortage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 4 months ago #43475

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!