Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New member here - Just Purchased my first Armalite

• Thank you received: 0

New member here - Just Purchased my first Armalite was created by dowdwm

:usa: Just purchased my first Armalite product... DEF10. WOW, although not the top of the line I'm loving it. I'm an old Army guy that first qualified expert with the M-14. Since that time, I always considered any lesser caliber for sissies. I do own many weapons and one is a .223/5.56 and I only purchased it (Mini 14 - Military version) because of its similarities to my first love, the M-14. The only AR type I owned prior to my AR-10 purchase was a S&W M&P AR-15-22. A very accurate and fun rifle. My Rem 7600 (30-06)only goes on hunting trips out of State since there are few places in Virginia to rifle hunt. Now it will have company with the AR-10. I put a BSA Majestic 4X16 on top and wow it reaches out there. I'm looking forward to learning from this forum such things as optimum near Zero distance for the best Far Zero hold on point. I hear that 100 yards for the near zero yields about a 350 yard far zero hold point. Well I may be using the wrong terms but I'm sure some of you folks have better answers than I do. LOL my wife saw me holding the 2 ARs (AR-10 and the AR 15-22)next to each other and she asked if anything was wrong....I replied "Sure as hell is.... there is nothing between these 2. Shes like what goes between them...I replied and Armalite AR-15! I will not go into the details of the aftermath.
9 years 4 months ago #43410

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New member here - Just Purchased my first Armalite

:welcome: Your the first one I've heard of with this new model so I'll be paying close attention to your thoughts on it.
I use a 100 yard zero for my back up iron sights and usually a 200 or 300 yard zero for my scope. Optimal zero distance will be dependent on your circumstances and ammo but here are some links to ballistics info;

www.ultimatesniper.com/shooting_articles....308-match-round.pdf

gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/

www.snipercentral.com/308-winchester-7-62x51mm-nato/

There is a ton of this info like this out there that is useful but.....nothing is as useful as getting out there and shooting the shit out of your rifle!
Glad to have you aboard here! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43413

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic New member here - Just Purchased my first Armalite

Welcome Dowdwm, you came to the right place. There are alot of very good people here, and give freely of there knowledge of shooting. Look forward to your posts.
9 years 4 months ago #43420

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New member here - Just Purchased my first Armalite

Welcome Dowdwm and congrats on your purchase. I think all of us would like to hear your evaluation of the Def 10 once you wring it out.
I carried a Remington 760 for years. Sold it to help pay for my first AR10. Next year I am taking the 10 deer hunting (5 round mag, of course). Look forward to your input.
9 years 4 months ago #43426

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!