Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

6.5 Creedmore Build suggestions

• Thank you received: 0

6.5 Creedmore Build suggestions was created by Beardman_creedmore

I'm currently about to start my first build and it going to be a 6.5 Creedmore. I would like to hear some suggestions for parts and tools that y'all would recommend.

I want to build the best quality long range rife as possible. The price is not an issue because I plan on buying the parts overtime while I build. I picked the 6.5 Creedmore because i have done a lot of research over the past few months and it seems like a good all around caliber for what i want. Eventually after the build is completed I would like to began reloading to fine tune my rifle and maybe save a little money. I would like to try to stay with the same manufacturer so i do not create a mutt gun and everything machos pretty well.

I need help by first picking a good upper and lower for this caliber and what would work best. I have been looking at RRA, DPMS, and Armalite. But I'm am unsure if there is anything better out there? I have also been looking at JP and Krieger barrels. I would like to get a 24" 1-8 twist barrel and a properly head spaced bolt that fits that particular barrel. I also am unsure what type of bolt i want and whats out there for a 6.5. Eventually i would like to maybe get a suppressor in the next couple of years so the barrel needs to be threaded so i can take it off when not needed.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
9 years 2 months ago #44279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic 6.5 Creedmore Build suggestions

B-man First welcome to AR10T, lots of really knowledgeable people around. I like you have contemplated a 6.5 build I would second all the info in your post, length , twist etc. I have not gone forward due to a lot of other projects , a couple of pieces I have read about 6.5 builds indicate that whatever you do you will have fewer headaches if you go with a HP Bolt during the build. Also I would have to say given the way JP caters to the Armalite pattern with after market parts for that caliber, I would go with a Armalite upper and lower. As far as barrel I see a lot of people going with JP again, it sounds like excellent customer service drives this choice. And frankly given the equality of components across the board right now I think CS is what stands out for me. I wish I had better info, I can say there are a couple of threads over at the hide about 4 pages back in the archives for semi-autos that detail builds in 6.5 with complete parts lists. Good luck with your build.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 2 months ago #44280

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!