Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Federal MK319 130 grain results

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

It looks good, can't wait till morning :woohoo:
here is a cross section on the bullet;

here is the 500 rounds;

LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 10 months ago #45144

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Darkhorse_Tactical on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

Awesome! Mine showed up the same day as yours from Mass Ammo, funny. You in CA? You try it out yet?
8 years 10 months ago #45148

Iowa, I'll be at the range by 7am to give it a try in my AR-10 and 716. I see Mass Ammo has some good sales going right now, if this stuff works out I may have to blow a few more bucks there.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #45150

Cool man have fun out there! Bet the 716 likes it. I'll have to check out the MA page see if I can spend yet more money on my baby. Aim surplus also had some good 308 ammo deals recently.
8 years 10 months ago #45153

Put 60 rounds of MK 319 downrange today. My AR-10 has a 20 inch barrel with 11.25 twist. 10 rounds gave me a 3 inch group at 100 yards. I think I'll try it again once I put one of my good scopes back on it though, I still haven't got the hang of the PA scope so it may not be a fair gauge of accuracy. The target shown is where the rounds end up with the scope zeroed best I could for 175gr match stuff;

The P716 with a 12.5 inch 1-10 twist barrel did a bit better with a 1.2 inch 4 shot group and a fifth flyer to open it up to 2.5 inch, my fault there. That was the best group of the bunch but I was using an old Tasco scope and the Sig trigger is junk so I'm betting these groups will improve as I improve the rifle;

I only had one double feed in the Sig as far as function issues, new rifle and it did it twice before with ZQ stuff so odds are it is a rifle issue. They say this stuff has a 10% recoil reduction but it seemed to have a good bit more recoil than the ball ammo I have shot from the Sig and the 175 grain stuff I've been shooting in the AR-10.
I'm saving up plastic jugs big enough to use in an attempt to recover an expanded bullet. I shot a bunch of steel and couldn't find a trace of the jacket. It only slightly dimpled the AR500.
For 66 cents a round I think I'll get more.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #45159

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Swapped scopes back to my Bushnell elite on the AR-10 and shot 5 more 5 round groups. 2 MOA was as good as it got, pretty consistent at 2 MOA but with a good spread each time, only three pairs touching out of the 5 groups. Plenty good for a hunting round but not near what I'm used to getting with M80 ball and 175 match stuff out of this rifle.
Looks like I'll be saving this ammo for what it was made for, my short barrel rifle.....
er.....I mean "pistol" ;)
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #45178

Yeah good call..save it for your short barrel...and for some future urban combat situation- what it was really designed for ;)
8 years 10 months ago #45188

Just ordered some more, can't beat the price for brass cased reloadable ammo.
I know it will be hard to keep it stashed, damn "pistol" is a blast to shoot :woohoo:
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #45195

Nice! Can't have too much ammo :lol: btw about the jacket - I was shooting ar500 steel and same thing, small dimples but what I noticed was the wooden 2x4 cross beam that the target hangs from was all tore up from the jacket spreading out- you could see ray-like lines cut in the wood radiating out from the steel.
8 years 10 months ago #45196

We have a steel frame on the dueling tree but I did notice the star shape radiating out from the center of the freshly painted steel, never found even a scrap of copper though. Tore up the 3 inch thick laminated wood backstop we use for paper targets as well, ball stuff just punches a neat hole while this stuff blew big chunks off the backside. Looks to be way more destructive than the 175 SMK's.
I'm hoping I can get enough water jugs set up, and hit them right, so I can get a spent slug to show here.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #45197

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!