Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Hello from good old germany

• Thank you received: 0

Hello from good old germany was created by ExpeditionMAP

Hello Folks,

i've just owned a DPMS AR-10 and want modify the weapon as much as possible to get it right. :D
here i hope to get some informations, some ideas for making the AR my very special own.

hope my spelling is not that terrible. :D

Regards,

Frank

PS: feel free to email me if you have further questions, even about the political situation here. i guess, your media does not show it all. ;)
8 years 5 months ago #46472

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Hello from good old germany

Welcome and good luck with your new purchase. I hear that things are deteriorating quickly with the refugee influx.
8 years 5 months ago #46477

Replied by ExpeditionMAP on topic Hello from good old germany

Thank you!

Well...most of those so called "refugees" are not registered and move unknown across europe. so we all here can wait for next explosions.

in germany officially arrive 10.000 each day, but the truth is: you can easily double thia number.
8 years 5 months ago #46478

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Hello from good old germany

:welcome:

Our media is doing a terrible job of covering this "refugee" issue even with the latest tragedy. The only place I get good info on the subject is German world news, DW, on our public broadcast system.

What are you wanting to do with your DPMS? I'd love to help you spend some money :thumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46480

Before you do any modifications, take your firearm shooting and get used to it. Then only make those modifications that make it more effective. Just adding things for the sake of adding or looking tactical is a waste of money and effort. Get to know your basic firearm first.
8 years 5 months ago #46491

Replied by ExpeditionMAP on topic Hello from good old germany

image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/6/633853i4_ts.jpg

This is the riflle with 16 3/4" barrel.

I want tho change hand protection around the barrel with a picatinny system (if available for this rifle), ad a two-pod, a scope, a match trigger.

But sure i will practice with it as it is.

Are there 20" barrels available for this type? are drum magazines avaiable?

And last but not least, i will paint it pink. :P okay, this was a joke. Really!

Money would not be that problem but ti get those parts in europe. For barrels you have to own the same permission as for rifles, and have to register it lke rifles, so i neet to find a trader or a company wich officially imports those parts.

and an other question is: with mich other makes or models i can change parts?

my favorite was a sig sauer 716 patrol or the OA-10 from Oberland Arms. Both were not available because the situation here leads to a massive rising of members in sport shooting clubs, what is nessessary to own guns, shotguns or rifles. or you have a hunting licence, which is much more expensive as a membership in such a club. so all stocks are emprty.

even H&K, - i've served the german army with their G3, in .308 too, cabt deliver nothing. My favorite was the H&K MR308.

So what, i hope that rifle is the right for long range shooting.

my fav gun is a .45 ACP. for short distance. but i'll have to practice a lot until i can challange seriously at the range.

about "refugees" wich i call intruders: our cancelor invited them all because our gouvernement fears us.if they create a new enemy, so they hope, the people don't recognize their business.

Regards!
8 years 5 months ago #46495

A good list to start with then is a set of Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS for short) Magpul are good, either a scope, if you want for distance shooting, or a red dot/reflex type sight for fast target acquisition, check Midwest industries or JP for replacement handguards with picatinny rails. Akai or BMS may be able to help you with that. That is a start.
8 years 5 months ago #46508

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!