Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Not new member returning

• Thank you received: 2

Not new member returning was created by markthenewf

After 5 or 6 years, I finally planked some cash down for an AR10. Specifically a Windham R16SFST. It's the one with the 16.5" barrel and the keymod handguard.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I HAD an LAR8, but it was a first generation one and it suuuuuucked. Actually, it shot MOA and had that great RRA two-stage trigger but it was a jam-o-matic with a lot of FTE sprinkled in. I also couldn't get FAL mags to work with it (though RRA at the time said they worked = lies) and RRA had no mags available.

Why am I back to the AR platform? Supression. I've got a SiCo Omega and it's fantastic on my bolt gun. However, it's a lot of screwing around with gas blocks and such to get my FAL to run supressed. At my age, I just want stuff to work without having to invent a solution, so it's an AR10 for me.

I'm looking forward to breaking the beastie in.
6 years 2 months ago #48023

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Not new member returning

Welcome back Mark. looks like a nice rifle. Your going to like the keymod rail. Look forward to a range report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markthenewf
6 years 2 months ago #48024

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!