Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New guy from SW Oregon

• Thank you received: 0

New guy from SW Oregon was created by optrixs

Hi:
I have had a interest in the AR-10 rifle since I had read a article about Stewart Wilson and his talent for making a AR-10 "Sing".So now I have a AR-10 with a 20" stainless steel barrel and a Armalite 1" scope mount.Where I in SW Oregon I can drive for about 10 miles and be in BLM land to shoot any distance that I like:).I do a lot of 308 bolt shooting at this time.My shooting friend had moved away to the East Coast so
I'm trying to get my girlfriend into shooting sofar I have here shooting a Armalite 223
20" barrel and she enjoys it:))).I'm happy to find this web site here is a picture
of my AR-10 with my most favorite 22 rifle.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks
Scott Hannah
14 years 9 months ago #1795

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:New guy from SW Oregon

Welcome to the site Optrixs, glad to have you here.
Nice shooting set up, I Like the scope on the .22, looks like the ol west style. That is one nice 10 as well. Personally I envy you on having a nice place to shoot. Mine has cows in it right now......Look forward to your posts and pictures. There are many experienced people on this site, so if you have any questions, post away. My specialty is accessories, I have spent alot of time finding what is out there for the AR-10 and its variants, so if you need any help in finding anything ask away. And again Welcome.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 9 months ago #1798

Replied by optrixs on topic Re:New guy from SW Oregon

Hi:
BUILDING MY SASS
Thank you for the kind words:):)I love SW Oregon for the outdoors.
But the employment here is crazy I've been laid off from a Land Surveying company since
2007 and it makes the "hobby of shooting" kind of tough so I do a lot more 22 rimfire
shooting.

Thanks
Scott Hannah
14 years 9 months ago #1800

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:New guy from SW Oregon

Get a DPMS or Rmington. Heavy duty frames and 1 great refinement built in.MSH
14 years 9 months ago #1816

Hi:
MSH
I'm a new guy here but one thing I've learned real quick NEVER to talk trash about the firearms people own!!!.Armalite has been makeing the AR-10 rifle for some time now:).The Remington is a DPMS rifle dipped in a camo paint job.If I want a "bolt rifle" yes I would buy a Remington I have 7 right now in my safe I also like SAVAGE
rifles just as much as my Remington rifle.Armalite does a continuous upgade to there
AR-10 rifle even I can send my rifle to Armalite to get the internals upgrade will
Remington do the same with there R-25? I dought it.

Thanks
Scott Hannah
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by optrixs.
14 years 9 months ago #1830

Hey optixs, don't let MSH get to you, he has a bone about ArmaLite, long story from what he said, but I can tell you he know his stuff when it comes to guns. So just take it with agrain of salt.
Once again Welcome, and remember we are all BROTHERS OF THE BLACK RIFLES.
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 9 months ago #1831

Hi:
BUILDING MY SASS

BROTHERS OF THE BLACK RIFLES I like that:):).I will be a better FNG

Thanks
Scott Hannah
14 years 9 months ago #1833

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:New guy from SW Oregon

The bone with Armalite has been with treating me and all A-10 users like idiots and then dealing with them on Army side as their my ass kisser. So what hat will they have on tomorrow. I aint a dog when not on goverment business. Being the seinor eng. and instructor is a crazy fence to walk. Buttttttt any company that does and backs up the ink on paper without the smoke and mirrors year in and year out no excuses has a better chance with me. DPMS will fill any custom order on that side of Remington. (Same owners) The issue is on the eng side, and DPMS frames are better designed as a platform. You missed it and need to go back and read eariler threads on things that took place. I use the Armalite frames for work every 3 weeks but I hate to deal with them. About every 2000 rounds they will break bolt stops period. Thats an issue. The other brands don't due to the design. Why should you be without a rifle so Armalite can repair it and on top of that they were building new rifles for other places that we may have to fight and letting stuff sit because it was broke. It must have not been enough money for them to support US shooters with broken issues. I understand that things have improved but after 30 years of this stuff its enough. I don't wish any ill will on Armalite but there has been no (BULL) from DPMS. I don't even know anyone there but I do at Rem so my beef has been on service and business pratice only. So welcome aboard glad to have you. These guys will get you up to speed. Lots of MFGs are on the get rich quick highway, some say anything to turn a dallor some are more customer friendly. So what happens when trash is mechanical fact, need anwser for studends and will address class with it. MSH
14 years 9 months ago #1836

MSH, I knew you would have something to say, I was just chilling the situation with the new member, remember I was there on the issue last go round. I my self know your expertise and respect your view and also agree on some of the issues with ArmaLite. I mean they did me right on fixing my rifle and in a timely manner, although I was pissed off because it was brand new and I had to send it back. As far as their service, my questions have been hit and miss, as I stated before, that is why I ask you when I need a straight answer, no bones.
On the DPMS issue, they have had their problems as well, the rifle, just like others. I think all manufacturers have good and bad days in that area, as for the service, I have heard that they do go the extra mile to resolve any issues.
And by the way, thanks for clarifying your statement and expanding on your view.
As a friend said to me not to long ago, I don't care who makes it, if it is an AR and it does what it is supposed to, and works well, then I like it.
As I said, WE are all Brother of the Black Rifle.........
BMS

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 9 months ago #1839

Replied by OutRider on topic Re:New guy from SW Oregon

...but...I want a green one...
14 years 9 months ago #1846

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!