Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Howdy!

• Thank you received: 0

Howdy! was created by moaM4

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I certainly am not new to forums or shooting. Up till recently I have been primarily a long range bolt rifle shooter. About 5 years ago I purchased a M4 clone in 5.56mm and since then have developed a love affair for the AR rifles.

I recently attended a sniper match and several guys were operating AR-10s at some considerable ranges, and with surprising accuracy. Needless to say, I was impressed. I was not aware that you could get that kind of accuracy from an AR platform.

Now that I have the bug; I'm mostly here looking for information to put together my next build. I'd like to do an 18" AR-10 in .308 Win. threaded for an AAC can, free float rail system, with a quality match grade barrel. I
15 years 8 months ago #196

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Howdy!

Welcome to the board moaM4! When you do get your rig put together please do a report here so others can learn from your experience.

Btw, since you are going for a .308 Winchester chambering instead of a 7.62 NATO chambering in your build, check out the Krieger AR-10 barrels. Those should be some real tack drivers from what I observed from owners utilizing the same brand on their M1A/M14 platforms.
15 years 8 months ago #198

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Howdy!

Welcome!

There are a lot of options, and it depends what performance you're looking to get out of the rifle at what cost. Depending on your threshold of financial pain, Accuracy/Reliability can drive a rifle cost from $2k-$4kish up to $4k-$6k from what I've seen.

The big factors for me were performance, cost, quality, reliability/longevity, vendor support, (and availability). I ended up going with an armalite SASS based on it's cost/performance balance (It also helps that I was able to try this platform at the range ahead of time). Honestly I think there are a lot of options that perform well, the question becomes how Good is Good for the individual, and what additional factors like cost and customer service add to the equation.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience as you bring it together!
15 years 8 months ago #200

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!