Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Just Joined

• Thank you received: 0

Just Joined was created by Florida_AR10

Hello,
Just signed up the other day. Was loking for a AR10 board and found this one.
Just bought my first AR10. I have a variety of weapons, I own AR15s, assorted caliber bolt actions hunting rifles, a couple of shotguns and a few pistols.

Even though I own a few Colt AR's in have always wanted a AR in .308 so I could reach out and touch someone or something if needed with a little more tactical advantage than a bolt rifle. So I decied to buy an AR10A4 before the election just in case the anti-gun group gets in.;) Believe it or not that line worked on the wife. She has even suggested stocking up on ammo just in case too. Gosh I love her:P

Well after a lot of research I decied on an Armalite and here I am.
I am not a big poster mostly just read and listen to the information being put out. Looking foward to learning something about this new weapons platform I bought.

Florida_AR10
15 years 6 months ago #359

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Just Joined

Pretty much in the same boat here. I've always wanted a rifle, couldn't during the AWB, put it off after expiration, and like most folks planning to get one now before they are gone again.

I spent a lot of time looking between the ar-15 and ak-47, and determined I wanted the power of the AK at the range/accuracy/ergonomics of the AR-15. So that said to me 6.5 Grendel or 7.62 NATO. I ended up with the 7.62 mostly because it's has more platforms to-date. Eventually downselected to an AR platform, and finally chose Armalite. Was a long but fun process.

So welcome, and we'll look forward to hearing your experiences and sharing our own.
15 years 6 months ago #361

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Just Joined

Welcome Florida and all the other new members since I logged on last here.

I've been researching semi-auto platforms for at least a year now in depth and finally picked up a AR-10T recently. This decision besides being based on considerable research is also based on considerable past trigger time with military-issued M14s/M21s and FN FAls in harms way as well as trigger time with other 308s here safely in the states. It was a nail biter for awhile between the M14 platform and the AR-10, but all things considered, the AR-10 has the edge and so here I am. In dixieland I'll make my stand with an AR-10 in my hand!
15 years 6 months ago #384

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!