Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

new to forum

• Thank you received: 0

new to forum was created by cetmeman308

hello everyone iam new to the forum.i have a ar10c flattop ordered.i should be getting it in about 2 weeks.i got this rifle to mount a elcan spector DR on.i got the spector dr last year after being on a waiting list for almost 2 years,i was told i was the first non military person in the world to get my hands on one. its a great combat optic. i mounted it on a cetme rifle but was not happy because my cetme was not very accurate.i do have some questions about the ar10 reguarding break in and nato 147 grain ammo. how importian is the break in as far as accurate shooting is concerned and does nato ammo shoot ok in these rifles.i have a wilson combat ar15 and i never preformed any break in and its still verry accurate. thanks fo any feedback
15 years 5 months ago #709

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by ColtGC45 on topic Re:new to forum

I am new as well, but have three AR10, two in 308 and one in 22-250, looking for more info on the 22-250, any help me out would be appreciated send to my email if need be specs pmcphear@fhcrc.org, see you down range
15 years 5 months ago #710

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:new to forum

all i can tell you is that the 147 grain ammo does work in my ar10t. as far as the break in goes i did break mine in somewhat properly but granted it is a pain if you pay that kinda money for it you will want it to be accurate as can be.
15 years 5 months ago #711

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:new to forum

Break in is more about cleaning than ammo. Armalite recommends using the Black Hills Moly Coated for break in of match barrels. Any quality ammunition should work if you are dilligent in cleaning the barrel frequently during break-in.

Armalite's tech note on breaking in match barrels:
www.armalite.com/images/Tech%20Notes/Tec...arrels,%20030205.pdf
15 years 5 months ago #712

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!