Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New and Ready to Learn.

• Thank you received: 0

New and Ready to Learn. was created by Fastforming.com

I have been fascinated by accurate shooting for some time. I am almost ready to purchase an AR-10. I have been drooling over Armalite's website for months, and I just found my way here. I also discovered there are other manufacturers of AR-10's (I had no idea.) A friend of mine says they are all the same and interchangeable. My experience tells me they maybe interchangeable, but probably not the same. Who makes the best, the most reasonably priced, and what should I avoid? Thanks. PS, I make targets.
15 years 4 months ago #770

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Hank in Arkansas on topic Re:New and Ready to Learn.

I am fairly new to the AR10, having acquired mine this fall (post election!). Therefore, I'm not experienced enough to say what not to buy. However, the quality evident in my new Armalite AR10B is superb. It functions flawlessly, so long as quality ammo is used. It has iron sights, so I cannot brag about group sizes. However, when I shoot it alongside my Springfield Armory M1A National Match, I can't tell any difference in accuracy. (It's iron sighted, too.)

I'm fairly confident that AR10 type rifles made by different manufacturers are NOT interchangable. By that I mean in terms of parts and even magazines. DPMS (or the Remington version), Knights Armament SR25 and some others are all different in small but critical ways. I believe there's some discussion of this on the Armalite website. In fact, I think Armalite claims "AR10" as a proprietary name.

I think you'd be very happy with an Armalite rifle. You just have to pick the model, and that's the tough part. So many guns, so little time & money!
15 years 4 months ago #773

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:New and Ready to Learn.

To be accurate, ARMALITE invented the AR10 in the fifties. They own the copyright for the "AR10" name. All the rest are properly called other than "AR10". A couple brands use Armalite parts in their .308 type AR's.

You can visit www.ar15.com and go to the Armalite area and get the entire history.

Some parts may be interchangable between .308 AR brand platforms, but most are not.

I am new to the AR10 also, having purchased my A4 SPR in early October 2008. I really enjoy shooting it as compared to my AR15's. The rifle accuracy is better than my accuracy! I put a Zeiss 4.5-14X50 scope on it with MilDot reticle.

In the future I plan on getting a Rem .260 chambered upper for the rig.:)
15 years 4 months ago #774

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!