Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper

• Thank you received: 0

Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper was created by REMF_95

Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these things yet to check it out?

www.riflegear.com/p-461-noveske-n6-16-li...2mm-ar-10-upper.aspx

My hesitations (not in a particular order) are:
1. Price
2. The 7.62 NATO requirement over the standard .308.
14 years 7 months ago #1755

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper

I am Not an expert at all. But I thought somewhere in this forum, it stated, the ammo differences where of no concern. But look around, I KNOW the information is out there. Bob.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by RandR.
14 years 7 months ago #1756

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper

is the chamber on an AR10 .308 or 7.62?

From Armalite: All of our AR-10 .308's are NATO chambered and will accept both 7.62 and .308 ammo. The AR-10 can shoot 308 OR 7.62 NATO
this is for the Armalite.
As far as the rest.
Can DPMS/POF/KAC/RRA/ Larue Tactical upper be put on Armalite lowers

NO-see pics below. The only uppers that can be put on Armalite lowers are Noveske, Eagle Arms, or Armalite witht the "45" cut on the upper reciver vs the "rounded" DPMS style reciever . The new (11/08) LT uppers are based off the Kac design and the pins will not work even though the upper has the "45" style upper.

I hope this some help, from what I gathered, there is just a slight difference between the two rounds, not enough to matter unless specified by the manufacture.

Here is a link that might of some use to you and answer some of the questions you may have, again hope this is some help.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=378850

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 7 months ago #1757

Again hope this is some help.

The .308 Winchester and 7.62x51mm cartridges are not identical and there are minor differences in their inner case dimensions, though SAAMI does not list either cartridge as unsafe in a firearm designed for use with the other.[2]

link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.308_Winchester

The 7.62x51mm NATO is a rifle cartridge developed in the 1940s and '50s as a standard for small arms among NATO countries. Specifications for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge are not identical to the commercial .308 Winchester though they are safely interchangeable.[3]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x51mm_NATO

If you look at the specifications at the right of the pages, you will see the actual difference between the two,
very slight in dimensions.
In addition, the military uses a heavier brass than the civilian shells.

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 7 months ago #1758

Replied by REMF_95 on topic Re:Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper

I'm sure it's at least a little CYA, but the cartridge difference is addressed by Noveske's disclaimer/warning/whatever...

"This upper assembly is designed and intended for use with high quality 7.62x51 NATO ammunition. Commercial ammunition may not function through this upper assembly based on improper projectile design or the lack of a staked primer."

Being a Noveske, I don't think it would have any problems sitting atop my Armalite lower.

Honestly, I really want to know how the thing shoots! For the money I should see one hole on my paper - or at least holes in very close proximity to one another. Armalite's 16" carbine upper goes for less than $800. This is more than double the price. Any experience with how much better the performance is?
14 years 7 months ago #1761

Replied by REMF_95 on topic Re:Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper

BTW, thanks for the very cool link BMS. Lots of great helpful stuff there.
14 years 7 months ago #1762

I got to thinking, there is a guy that has one.
His name is lokmeup, check the photo gallery, complete rifles, page two left side, half way down.
Send him a personal message and see if he can expand on it.
And check with MSH, he has some experience with them I think. Hope this helps.
BMS

14 years 7 months ago #1763

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by JSteinhoff on topic Re:Noveske 16" 7.62 NATO Upper

I have a Noveske 16.5 heavy barrel 7.62 on my Armalite AR-10...I can tell you it loves match grade ammo like Nosler 168 gr BTHP....but cheap ammo will jam. This barrel was built by John Noveske for
high grade match ammo, if you talk directly to Noveske, they will advise the same.

Still waiting for Geissele SSA-E trigger, and better rear bag setup for benching to dial it in. I built a custom Noveske 5.56 with stainless Infidel 13.7 stainless barrel. It also likes match grade Hornady, etc.
for max accuracy. I can tell you I have shot this rifle with my Atlas Bi-pod on front, and hand held rear
benching. Zeiss red dot, no magnification, slightly over 1 MOA with four shot group at 200 yds. Extremely accurate barrel, love it!

I hope to get under 1 MOA with my heavy barrel .7.62. Noveske

Hope this helps..cheers!
JS
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
7 years 9 months ago #47576

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!