Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

remington r25 .308

• Thank you received: 0

remington r25 .308 was created by nodragging

just bought the remington r25 .308. i had a dpms on order but it was taking way to long so i bought the remington off the shelf. does anyone have this gun? ive read some really good reviews on it but i was wondering what ammo guys are shooting to get the best groups. it has a 20" free flaoting barrel and a 1x10" twist. any help would be greatly appreciated. happy shooting and merry christmas!
11 years 4 months ago #14482

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by nodragging on topic remington r25 .308

any help would be appreciated
11 years 3 months ago #15069

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by WES213 on topic remington r25 .308

I got an Armalite for myself but have shot a DPMS and the R25, for me i would have went R25 over the DPMS any day.

Really you can not go off others idea of what feels, looks or shoots better as the saying is "to each there own".
We go to war to fight terrorism and Communism then vote for a terrifying communist to lead us God help us all.
11 years 3 months ago #15082

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic remington r25 .308

In many respects, barrel making is more of a black voodoo art than science. When the steel is forged, quenched and tempered, the molocules all line up differently from barrel to barrel. And there's always subtle differences in the rifling from barrel to barrel as well.

What all this amounts to is that your rifle will "like" certain ammo more than others. Quality ammo fired from a quality rifle will give quality results. But there's usually one or two loads that will get better results than the others.

Buy a box or two from several different manufacturers and in different weights, shoot it, log the results and see what your rifle likes best. For max accuracy the usual suspects are (in no particular order): Black Hills, Hornady, Federal, Privi Partizan, and ASYM.
RLTW
11 years 4 months ago #15110

Replied by nodragging on topic remington r25 .308

Thank you guys! I bought some 150 gr federal premium/ Barnes tsx ammo to try out. Unfortunately in good ol California I have to hunt with copper. I read a lot of good reviews about the tsx bullet and 150 grain is what I'm gonna try and get dialed in with. I'll post results as soon as I start heating up the barrel.
11 years 3 months ago #15161

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!