Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

3d printed gun

• Thank you received: 67

3d printed gun was created by foxhunter

you should watch this video on this 24 y/o kid's quest to produce a reliable lower and magazine (30 rd) and make the plans free on the internet for everyone, that can be made from a 3d printer. It is predicted that in the next 10 yr, 3d printers could be as common as home computers. There is no law against making your own firearm or firearm parts for your own use. Of course, a gun with out ammo is just another useless tool.
11 years 1 month ago #19631

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic 3d printed gun

I was actually doing some 3D printing last night. It is a very useful tool and if it can be made from ABS plastic you can 3D print it with high tolerances.

I use the 3D printer for prototyping my camera lens cap holder designs.
11 years 1 month ago #19632

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic 3d printed gun

I used the 3D printer at work to print a couple AR15 magazines. I can use it to print the whole magazine including the spring. The spring is a bit weak though so I think I'll see what I can do to purchase those. I have to do a little hand finish work but they work pretty well. I'll have to do a couple tweaks to make them more reliable but so far so good.

Next up is making mags for the AR10. I have the CAD drawing 80% done. I am kinda slow on the CAD thing because I don't use it much. Luckily I work with an engineer that is also a gun nut.
11 years 1 month ago #19634

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic 3d printed gun

I want in on this too... :wave:
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
11 years 1 month ago #19637

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic 3d printed gun

I'm gonna be rich.

I'm working on a 3d print design of myself... Oh yea, gonna be ROOOOOLLIN in dough soon enough fellas.... :laugh:
11 years 1 month ago #19659

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!