Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by marios5469 on topic No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

Do they even still sell RSAUM barrels or parts. Ive been on their website and none that I can find.
10 years 11 months ago #24053

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

Best bet is to find a used one online gunbroker and such. Most have been shot very little if at all.

You might have a barrel custom made but I don't know any makers that can replicate the Armalite specs. Speciffically a gastube that is 2-3" longer and a corisponding port location.

Just keep your eyes pealed for one online. I have never seen one for sale that was over priced.
10 years 11 months ago #24055

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

Mario, The reason you choose a particulat barrel twist rate is due to bullet weight which equates to muzzle velocity. So, you need to decide what bullet weight you plan to use in your .308 or 300 RSAUM. The heavier the bullet, the slower the twist rate is required to stabilize the bullet given one particular type rifle caliber. Can't speak for the 300 RSAUM, but generally speaking in the .308 you get better stability using 1-11.25 for bullets under 160grs and 1-10 for bullets over 160grs. That's not saying you can't find a powder and bullet combination that will be stable for a 1-11.25 twist and 168 or 175 gr bullets because you can find one, but we are speaking generalities here. The heavy 168-175 gr bullets bullets used to be the best choice for long range Palma shooting competitions, but now the go to bullets are the 155 gr Palma SMK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 11 months ago #24082

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

JustMe:

I think you may have that backward. As far as I know, you need a faster twist rate to stabilize a heavier bullet.

Velocilty is the other variable. The higher the velocity you can push a bullet of a given weight to, the slower the twist rate you can use.
10 years 11 months ago #24085

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by marios5469 on topic No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

That's how I understood it as well. I definitely know the .308 use in a 1:10 twist, but I am not at all familiar with the ballistics of the RSAUM that's why I question twist rates for this round. If I go RSAUM for the build, I want to get as much accuracy out of it at distance as possible.
10 years 11 months ago #24087

When in doubt go with a faster twist. It will stabelize light and heavy bullets. I have never seen a loss in accuracy from a barrel twist being "too fast".
10 years 11 months ago #24092

This could be moved to Alternate Calibers, or AR-10
10 years 10 months ago #25011

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic No love for the AR-10T Magnum (RSAUM)?

bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2008/06/cal...rates-and-stability/

In any case, I don't think you are going to over spin a .30 cal. 1 in 10 looks good across the broadest range of bullet lengths.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 10 months ago #25018

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!