Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SI-Defense PETRA 300WM - check this out!

• Thank you received: 10

SI-Defense PETRA 300WM - check this out! was created by LongBranchMk12

Check this out! SI-Defense PETRA 300WM video

300WM AR platform pretty sure this thing has less recoil than my 1911 .45! I like how the first guy in the video can't help but grin ear to ear even though he has done this probably 100 time already.

si-defense.com/shop/300wm/si-d-300wm-ambi-petra-rifle/

It's being released in a couple months guessing it will be around $3500-4000.00?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Libertarian623
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by LongBranchMk12.
9 years 2 months ago #44222

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic SI-Defense PETRA 300WM - check this out!

$4000 is a lot of bucks, I am not seeing anything that warrants that kind of money. Especially from a company that does not have much of a track record.

This also concernes me:

"Richard Sonju, founder of S.I. Defense, fought for the United States of America in the Vietnam War. In 1978, now a Service-Disabled Veteran,..."

We were not in Vietnam in '78, in fact the last guy there left in 30 April of '75.

Company Overview
SI Defense, Inc. operates as an aerospace manufacturing company. It sells its parts and components through a network of dealers in the United States. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Kalispell, Montana. As of December 11, 2011, SI Defense, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of NEMO Arms, Inc.

www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/privat...?privcapId=145740190

All that said, none of this means they produce a poor product, in fact it could be the best things since Stoner. Right now, it seems to what we call in the software world...vaporware! HOWEVER NEMO produces a 300WM and has for a couple of years, in fact they have a whole line up of them: nemoarms.com/nemo-arms-omen-recon-300-win-mag-defense-review/

It might be that SID is labeling their own, but in fact they are NEMO...

Stay tuned...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 2 months ago #44239

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SI-Defense PETRA 300WM - check this out!

I had read somewhere that it was all in the same family. SID seems to have a good reputation for quality but orders seem to take some patience.Maybe these teething issues are behind them now though.......
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 2 months ago #44242

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!