Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

.300 Blackout SPR

• Thank you received: 78

.300 Blackout SPR was created by That_Guy

First precision AR.

Build list:

Wilson 16" .300 AAC Blackout match barrel, PWS comp, Gibbz Arms non reciprocating side charging upper, Spike's NB BCG, Midwest industries SS handguard, Aero Precision Gen 2 Ambi Lower, Hiperfire 24e 3g trigger, Ergo Deluxe grip, and a Magpul UBR that I modded to accept a cheek riser.

Still awaiting a Norgon ambi mag release, Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44mm, JP silent buffer, and a Magpul trigger guard.

I originally wanted to paint the barrel flat black, but the stainless is growing on me fast. What ya'll think?

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet, Libertarian623
8 years 11 months ago #44557

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic .300 Blackout SPR

Slick looking rig! I like the riser idea for the UBR, what type of mods did it take and what is the riser from?
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: That_Guy
8 years 11 months ago #44559

Replied by That_Guy on topic .300 Blackout SPR

Thanks! It's a Magpul cheek riser designed for the MOE/CTR. I had to trim the riser so that it would fit (look up a stock magpul riser any you will see) then line everything up and drilled a couple holes. It was VERY scary. But, I measured, measured again, and measured one last time and it came out all right. Got it secured with 4 small Allen screws.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by That_Guy.
8 years 11 months ago #44565

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic .300 Blackout SPR

Very nice, I like that upper a lot. Good parts selection. Let us know how it shoots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: That_Guy
8 years 11 months ago #44566

• Thank you received: 14

Replied by R6600DH on topic .300 Blackout SPR

Looks sweet. What do you have for a trigger and what type of bipod is that? I like stainless but it might look even better if it was the same color as the rifle. Black would also give it more contrast. It's a coin toss.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by R6600DH. Reason: added to text
8 years 11 months ago #44611

Replied by That_Guy on topic .300 Blackout SPR

Bipod is standard Harris S-BRM, trigger is a Hiperfire 24e 3g.

I forgot to mention, I know .300blk is not known for precision work. I have certainly seen this in my first few groups during break in. I went in to this project knowing this, but I like to be different. I have only put about 100 rounds through it so far as the weather has been terrible, but I have not seen a group under an inch at 50 yards. This annoys me to no end as all of my rifles are sub MOA shooters... But, I still need to get my vortex in (thus why I'm shooting at such a close range. Current scopes parallax setting won't go past 50yds) and I need to order several different types of match ammo. But, since I went into this project knowing I might get less than favorable results, I have a contingency plan:

www.midwayusa.com/product/240767/noveske...ow-profile-gas-block

We will see how it turns out. If I can't get the damn thing to consistently shoot 1 MOA or better, I'm going with a tried and true system and converting it into a true SPR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R6600DH
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by That_Guy.
8 years 11 months ago #44619

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!