Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Matrix Aerospace Matched Billet Set Build

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Matrix Aerospace Matched Billet Set Build

Watching this build for sure.
Those are some mighty fine components too.
I had the barrel on My AR10 threaded, installed a compensator, looks almost like that one.
That compensator sure did change the way My AR10 shoots, along with the Geissele trigger, much more improvement.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
8 years 7 months ago #45583

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Matrix Aerospace Matched Billet Set Build

I thought Colt went to Titanium on all full auto firing pins? is it coated or just ground and polished?
AKAI
8 years 7 months ago #45603

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Matrix Aerospace Matched Billet Set Build

I can't really tell for sure, it looks like the same finish as the carrier and the rest of the pins. It doesn't have the same shine as my spare AR-10 firing pin. I should be able to tell once I get some carbon flowing! :woohoo:
d. wilson makes BCG's for several different rifle manufacturers, they call him the BCG Guru! He stays on the cutting edge but only does DPMS pattern stuff :(
I had a hard time finding an Armalite pattern BCG that was coated anywhere, same difficulty with barrel makers using the Armalite pattern extension. This led me to go with the DPMS pattern but I still have to find a rail I like with an Armalite thread pattern to match my upper.......
I maybe should have done my first full build on an AR15 but then I learned to swim in the deep end so what the hell! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 7 months ago #45605

Should be able to tell by the weight :thumbs:
AKAI
8 years 7 months ago #45615

It doesn't feel different than my AR-10 pin as far as weight goes, odds are it is a coating then.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 7 months ago #45618

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Matrix Aerospace Matched Billet Set Build

Been reading about them. Looks like they have jumped in both feet in the high end high quality products. I am impressed by all that I have read, looking to get my hands on one someday...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
8 years 7 months ago #45656

I'm impressed with your time management :dance: Time for the site, shoot, work and build :thumbs: Also a new hand guard I've seen it in person and it's nice, amazing what good friends do for each other :twothumbs: Now we need more pix!
AKAI
8 years 7 months ago #45678

Working on the road is a curse and a blessing. I have nothing else to do after work but post on forums, research, and buy parts, the posting and research are free so a blessing....the purchasing parts can be a curse, especially when the wife does the accounting! :huh:
I should be able to post pictures of the X-Caliber barrel this weekend, the wife said it arrived Monday. Odds are it will be at least a month before I get all the parts I need ordered. Still have to decide on a stock-buffer system and whether I want a standard or adjustable gas block. I keep hoping Iowa will pass the suppressor bill so I think I'll go adjustable but then I don't want to jinx myself :blink:
The handguard and all the goodies for it will be there when I get home, with all the extra parts and pieces I can set it up for about anything, :twothumbs: for BMS!
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 7 months ago #45681

Along with the handguard from BMS I got my barrel back as well. Regretably the threads got buggered a bit from a whack received in shipping. It was hard enough to split the thick plastic cap they installed to protect them, :( I think I'll try to clean them up myself rather than ship it back again, X-Caliber has been very good to deal with so I'm sure they would handle it but I hate to hassle with it if I can do it. The chamber is very smooth and the bore is like a mirror with very crisp looking rifling. The crown looks very nice and I was pleased to see the dimple for locating the gas block position, one less thing I can get wrong!

LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 7 months ago #45683

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

More pics;

LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
8 years 7 months ago #45684

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!