Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Oil and Water

• Thank you received: 4

Oil and Water was created by MarkM

Just wondering, I have bits and pieces from a friend of mine. He's given me oddball stuff foreign and domestic. Question.....What upper will fit together with a Armalite M-15 lower??? I dread my next but necessary question.....which carrier??? I'd like to make this a Franken gun. Side carrier charging on discharge side, 16". Adams Arms piston. Short 9" aluminum handguard tube. ANY help, I would be grateful.

Thank You
Mark
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MarkM. Reason: I forgot to add some details
8 years 3 months ago #46754

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Oil and Water

Any mil-spec AR-15 upper should fit. Occasionally there can be some tolerance stacking issues but most often the AR-15 DI guns have great parts interchangeability. Carrier should work fine in any mil-spec upper, Bolts on the other hand should really have headspaced checked before use. Many don't do that but it isn't prudent to just swap bolts and barrels then fire away.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 3 months ago #46755

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic Oil and Water

Greetings JT

I'm Sorry that I'm bugging you about a subject I asked over a week ago, but I need to since my computers' HD went south.

I asked you about a CBG you would recommend. It was "E Wilson" I guess ??? Thanks for your time JT !
Mark
8 years 3 months ago #46801

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Oil and Water

d. wilson;
www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

He makes BCG's for some of the major rifle makers but sells them on his website at very reasonable prices. Super fast shipping and he does all the customer service himself so you get to deal with the guy that knows!
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 3 months ago #46802

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!