Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Marlin 922m

• Thank you received: 67

Marlin 922m was created by foxhunter

So I drug this marlin out of the cabinet, as I had not shot it since I first bought it many years ago. This 22 mag semi auto is a nice looking gun, and no longer produced. I took the scope off and took it out to shoot it with open sights. First, I discovered, I can no longer focus on both sights at the same time due to my old age. Then I discovered the gun shoots 1 1/2 inches to the right at 50 yds and there is no lateral adjustment on the rear sight. The 3 inch group at 50 yds, on the bench, even with my blurry sights (old age sucks) didn't seem very good. Finally, despite cleaning the bore and a little lube in the action, most of the cci mag rounds jammed and would only half way extract. Had to pull the half extracted cases out with a pair of pliers. After about 20 rounds of this, I gave up. I don't remember it jamming once when I first bought it. Not sure if it is the ammo ( CCI is all I have) or if the extractor is not working right. Anyway it is boxed up right now and I am going to go trade it in, unless one of you out there have a fix for the jamming.
Every time the bullet would be only about half way extracted. Some times just closing the bolt and opening a gain would extract and some times it would only come half way out again and I had to use pliers. Maybe 5 rounds out of 20 were ejected normally
7 years 10 months ago #47548

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Marlin 922m

Did you break it down for a thorough cleaning and fresh lube? My first guess would be dried oil gumming it up somewhere.
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 10 months ago #47549

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Marlin 922m

How old is the ammo? I pulled out some old 22 from 1977, and almost all of it misfired. Was the ammo as old as the gun? Could be the problem.
7 years 10 months ago #47550

Replied by foxhunter on topic Marlin 922m

I cleaned it and fresh lube after the first round jammed. didn't help
7 years 10 months ago #47553

ammo was about 5 yrs old
7 years 10 months ago #47554

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Marlin 922m

Guess i'd try other ammo if I really liked the rifle, worth a try anyway.
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 10 months ago #47555

I decided that even if I was to take it completely apart and clean it and try different ammo and it was more reliable, that I would still never know when it was going to jam, and likely at the worst possible moment. so I am going to trade it in on a new Ruger 10/22 take down lite with threaded barrel ,
7 years 10 months ago #47556

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!