Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

14 reasons not to buy anything from BLACKTHORNE

• Thank you received: 0

14 reasons not to buy anything from BLACKTHORNE was created by jheidrick

14 Reasons not to buy anything from Blackthorne Products!

#1 I ordered a complete .308 upper and lower parts kit to match an Armalite lower and was sent an upper that matched DMPS style...

#2 They would not respond to my requests for replacement.

#3 So...I bought a DPMS lower to accommodate their mistake, fired the first round and the bolt jams itself so hard into the breech that it took a screwdriver to remove it...

#4 Gunsmith checked headspace and said it was short chambered by .005 as it wouldn't close on a go-gauge.

#5 Gas port misaligned with gas block and port was .031 forward of the index mark on the barrel step.

#6 Before initially firing the weapon, there was a highly visible bur in the barrel from drilling of the gas port...

#7 When Blackthorne finally responded to me via the Better Business Bureau complaint that I filed, they claimed the malfunction was due to my modification (what modification, changing my plans and buying different lower?) and they stated the upper had been test fired before shipping and worked perfectly...Hmmm, nice bur. Must have happened after the test firing. Dishonest.

#8 the extractor retaining pin is improperly size and is loose and falls out.

#9 The bolt has crude grinding marks on it to accommodate the misaligned extractor.

#10 Bolt shows chipping near bolt cam pin.

#11 Gas block had punch marks from installation of gas tube roll pin.

#12 Inferior anodizing of upper

#13 Trigger and disconnector were received with mating surfaces that were crudely ground and when lower was tested with another upper, a double fire situation occurred several times.

#14 Their customer service sucks...

Bottom line, never do business with this company...learn from my experience.
12 years 3 months ago #9886

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cliff on topic Re: 14 reasons not to buy anything from BLACKTHORNE

Man that really sucks. cash is hard to come by anymore, and to just throw it away like that. thanks for the warning.
12 years 3 months ago #9898

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: 14 reasons not to buy anything from BLACKTHORNE

Man, some people! sounds like you got a pipe from the hardware store and a rubber band! Blackthorne hasn't made any friends here! I respect your opinion! I would never want to get in this situation, but have may a time, thanks for the warning! Where do you stand now with them, keep on them like stink on shit and don't let them get away with it, I'll help in any way I can keep on it with the BBB!
AKAI
12 years 3 months ago #9899

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: 14 reasons not to buy anything from BLACKTHORNE

Thanks for sharing your experience, I've never heard much about the company good or bad till now. Sounds like they don't really plan on being around long. My experience with Armalite started with a problem on my new rifle, within three months I had decided to put as many Armalite products in my gun safe as I can afford! That is what a quality product and great customer service will get, customer loyalty!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 3 months ago #9903

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: 14 reasons not to buy anything from BLACKTHORNE

Yea, havn't had any problems with my Armilite . but just trying to help, what I can and did find out is it's a fouling issue ( chrome barrel?) or need to rechamber the bore, hope we find out more!
AKAI
12 years 3 months ago #9906

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!