Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Veterans fight changes to disability payments

• Thank you received: 153

Veterans fight changes to disability payments was created by mrraley

Veterans groups are rallying to fight any proposal to change disability payments as the federal government attempts to address its long-term debt problem. They say they've sacrificed already.

Government benefits are adjusted according to inflation, and President Barack Obama has endorsed using a slightly different measure of inflation to calculate Social Security benefits. Benefits would still grow but at a slower rate.

Veterans fight changes link...
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
11 years 1 month ago #20411

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Veterans fight changes to disability payments

Some of these asses that want to suggest stuff like this should have to face a few bad days themselves. This is just getting stupid now. Vets have damn well earned everything they have and MORE and taking anything back or decreasing what little is given in the first place is the work of pure scum... :mad:
11 years 1 month ago #20425

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Veterans fight changes to disability payments

Military service needs to be a REQUIREMENT to qualify for any public office!
As should proof of a birth certificate.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
11 years 1 month ago #20436

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Veterans fight changes to disability payments

Let me add that this does NOT ONLY apply to veterans and DISABLED Veterans, draw SS, or ANY federal payments EXCEPT Civil Service and Welfare payments.
11 years 1 month ago #20817

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Veterans fight changes to disability payments

Yep, my SS disability gets smaller after medical, there's no inflation :whistle: and every year they add a bureaucrat for me to report to :angry: ................real productive system.
I'm glad to get the help I do but they just don't seem to be able to help where needed, money doesn't solve every issue. Everything they do seems geared to making me comfortable where I am instead of asking what I need to move forward, never been asked once and you taxpayers are paying a fortune for all my "help".
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 month ago #20819

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!