Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Diesel Treatment for Fed Prisoners

• Thank you received: 556

Diesel Treatment for Fed Prisoners was created by jtallen83

The more I think about this issue the more I think America needs to think about this issue. I was ignorant of the treatment Federal prisoners call "Diesel treatment" till I got behind a bus load of them while trying to get fingerprinted at the local Sheriff.
They had been traveling in a small bus for 13 days on the way to Florida from somewhere. Now I can get across the country a couple times in that period with time for sightseeing so I couldn't figure out why so long. Turns out they are all "waiting" for federal charges to be filed. This keep them moving method gives the feds cover for not letting them call lawyers, so I'm told, it is supposed to have something to do with not being booked anywhere more than 24 hours.
Is it possible that the feds are skirting a citizens basic right to a lawyer? I've posed this same question to my elected federal reps, I hope they are not aware, criminal or not we all expect certain rights.
I got the feeling our local Sheriff didn't approve of how they had been living, I heard him order that they get their cloths washed, for the first time since the trip started! maybe he just didn't want the smell to linger in his jail........ :sick:
I was a little disturbed that this practice is common enough to have gained a name "diesel treatment", anyone here familiar with the practice?
I just can't imagine giving a power like that to a man like AG Eric Holder....... :soapbox:
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 hour ago #23536

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Diesel Treatment for Fed Prisoners

Time for some research. Thanks for bringing it up. I agree with you.
11 years 1 hour ago #23538

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Diesel Treatment for Fed Prisoners

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_therapy

I found this using diesel therapy, guess there has been court cases on it........Not a good thing to be going on.........a good reason not to violate any fed laws, but then nobody seems to know what they all are;
online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240527023...389601079728920.html

We need to focus on education, it is going to take a bunch of smart people to figure out this mess we have!
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 57 minutes ago #23539

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Diesel Treatment for Fed Prisoners

While I put almost nothing beyond the govt I do not buy into this at all.

I have transported prisoners before this is a tough and demanding job and the though of busloads being in constant motion is inconceivable to me. They are rarely transported by bus except for work details and INTRA state transfers and when by bus they are low threat. I carried HIGH threat and we went by marked car max of 2. There was 2 of us.

Stopping for meals: We pull up in front of a eatery, one of us gets out and speaks with the manager about a BOOTH in a corner with no one within 2 tables or booths from us.

Bathroom breaks are done a small gas stations, we check the bathroom first for windows and other entry. Bathroom is an outside entrance as found in most small service stations.

I have never heard of dieseling. Most prisoners when transferred long distances go by plane.

Its NOT the location(s) but the time in custody that counts. If they are being transferred they have already called a lawyer at that time and have been charged and processed....
10 years 11 months ago #23546

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Diesel Treatment for Fed Prisoners

I have no idea what threat level these prisoners are but I saw the Federal Marshalls bus for myself and could smell them myself. I have talked to two people now that have recently done federal time and they say it is a regular thing. My deputy friend said it is a fairly regular occurrence in the last few years, they like it because it brings in revenue from outside the county.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23548

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!