Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

• Thank you received: 529

Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!! was created by OleCowboy

(CNN) -- Running the prison camp costs the Pentagon more than $150 million a year -- just over $900,000 for each of the 166 detainees at the facility, located on a Navy base on the eastern end of Cuba. By comparison, costs for a typical federal prison inmate run about $25,000 a year; at the "supermax" prison in Colorado that holds domestic terrorists Eric Rudolph and Ted Kaczynski, it's about $60,000.

Read the full story: www.cnn.com/2013/05/17/us/infographic-guantanamo-bay/index.html
10 years 11 months ago #23572

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

Yeah, GW made a mistake opening it I guess.
10 years 11 months ago #23577

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

The mistake was not having a plan that went any further, indefinite detention is not a plan.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23584

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

Yeah ... and now if they were not indoctrinated before they went there you can bet they are now.

Bad news all the way around.

I'm not even sure what a good option would be aside from Cuba sinking into the Atlantic.

Maybe move them to a detention facility on the moon?
10 years 11 months ago #23587

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

I got a plan that is quick and permanent if done in the first place. In WWII we burned entire cities in the name of saving American lives, have we become that spineless now that we can't relegate the fate of a few terrorist on the battle field to the troops that find them. If we can't then we better ask again if we want to fight.
There is nothing wrong with the methods Reagan used to deal with terrorists, swat them like the little bugs they are and act like they don't matter, don't even acknowledge you swatted them, just do it and keep moving to your own goals!!!!! :twocents:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy
10 years 11 months ago #23591

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

I STRONGLY believe that one of our problems is that we make heroes out of terrorists. We should let out any pics or other data other than they died in the fire and their bodies were FUBAR'd. Instead we parade them around, talk like they are misguided youth, mama did not let them eat enough twinkies as kids and they end up being heroes not only here but across the world.
10 years 11 months ago #23599

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Guantanamo Bay by the numbers!!

JT that's a solid analysis. Give me a box strike that, a case of ammo. I will do it and sleep like a baby afterwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 11 months ago #23645

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!