Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Rumsfeld Rules

• Thank you received: 556

Rumsfeld Rules was created by jtallen83

No matter what your political views if you listen to the man he has a ton of good advice and a very "to the point" way of expressing it. If you have an extra hour this is a great short speech with a Q&A and worth the time;

www.c-spanvideo.org/program/RumsfeldsR

:usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii
10 years 11 months ago #24023

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Rumsfeld Rules

Yes it is. He has a lot of good points which in the long run outweighed his other not so good. I always thought he put too many restraints on the military and I think he did so because he did not truly understand it. He served in the Navy for 3 years as and aviator and had a few years of reserve time before he transferred to the Ready Reserve.

Aviators in my observation are so far out of touch of the military its not even funny, especially those in the AF/Navy or generally the fixed wing pilots. Rotary wing guys at least in the Army often see other assignments outside of the aviation community.

Looking back on my career, first as enlisted, then officer and the first half in Combat Arms. Then as a Bde and Bn S-4/S-3 and finally the last half at Div G-3 then a MACOM 4 star command on General Officer Staff working in my secondary (Software Engineering).

I learned the most: Vietnam, enlisted combat soldier, S-4/S-3 jobs and my 9 years at a MACOM on GS staff.

Point being: If you do not have a somewhat diverse career you lack a understanding of how the military really functions. I also believe that if you never serve as enlisted in the combat arms a major viewpoint in your mosaic is mission. Strategically Rumsfeld was a great Sec Def, but many of his policies that affected the daily lives of the people in the military were misplaced...
10 years 11 months ago #24081

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Rumsfeld Rules

The net result of Mr. Rumsfeld's career is we are better off as a nation because of his service.
10 years 11 months ago #24094

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Rumsfeld Rules

We have reached a new low in the Sec Def and Sec State, Hagel and Kerry
10 years 11 months ago #24095

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!