Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

ARMY REPRIMANDS SOLDIER FOR SERVING CHICK-FIL-A

• Thank you received: 529

ARMY REPRIMANDS SOLDIER FOR SERVING CHICK-FIL-A was created by OleCowboy

ARMY REPRIMANDS SOLDIER FOR SERVING CHICK-FIL-A AT PRIVATE PARTY

by AWR HAWKINS 6 Jun 2013

A soldier who served Chick-fil-A sandwiches at a party he threw to honor the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and his promotion to Master Sergeant has received a letter of reprimand.
The soldier received his promotion last summer, and since "it coincided with national controversy surrounding Chick-fil-A's support of traditional marriage," he decided to serve their sandwiches and celebrate DOMA while he was at it.
According to a Fox News report, the invitation to the soldier's party read: "In honor of my promotion and in honor of the Defense of Marriage Act, I'm serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at my promotion party."
In response, the military went so far as to put a letter of reprimand in the soldier's file and "an investigation was initiated to see if he had violated any policy." Chaplain Alliance Executive Director Ron Crews said there was even "talk of bringing judicial punishment against" the soldier for a time.
Although the promotion and the party took place last summer, this has turned into an seemingly endless saga that still has the soldier "embroiled in a legal battle."
As Crews noted, DOMA is the law of the land, and has been since it was enacted under President Bill Clinton in 1996. For honoring that law and serving sandwiches from a business that supports it, a Master Sergeant's career has been imperiled.

www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/06/05/A...ivate-Marriage-Party
10 years 10 months ago #24989

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic ARMY REPRIMANDS SOLDIER FOR SERVING CHICK-FIL-A

Hopefully future leaders of this soldier will review this LOR and take it for what it is. BS
10 years 10 months ago #24997

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic ARMY REPRIMANDS SOLDIER FOR SERVING CHICK-FIL-A

I think it only goes to show jus how far to the left our military leadership has swung. If you read the report which came out of West Point Military Acad on Extreme Right Wing (I have an official copy) I PROMISE YOU are an extremist...The report is a drop jaw doc and to have come out of West Point if FRIGHTENING!!
10 years 10 months ago #24998

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!