Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Send the RNC a Message

• Thank you received: 556

Send the RNC a Message was created by jtallen83

The RNC will be voting on the Blackwell motion to reverse one of the worst rule changes of the 2012 convention. I urge you all to call your committee representatives and urge them to support the motion, also call Reince Priebus at (202) 863-8500.
I called my reps there and was told they don't want a "ruckus" because that is why the motion failed last time. This seemed odd that an overwhelming number of calls from the grassroots in support of a motion would make them vote against it.
Lets all be heard, LIBERTY FIRST! :usa:
Here is a short explanation of the change requested;

Prior to Tampa, the rules said that states holding primaries after April 1 "shall" allocate the delegates proportionately, assuring that supporters of candidates lacking establishment backing would still play a part in the convention.

Changing that "shall" to "may" ensures the GOP establishment will seize control of later primaries, handing the nomination to the establishment's anointed frontrunner and guaranteeing the delegates are loyal to the GOP establishment, not the grassroots - and certainly not the liberty movement.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 8 months ago #27792

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Send the RNC a Message

Shall and May: These are legal words inside the govt and they have diverse meanings. 'Shall" means you must do something (generally as specified in the document). "May" only means you CAN do something but are not required to do so.
10 years 8 months ago #27824

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Send the RNC a Message

The purpose behind changing it to shall in 2012 was so the high and mighty in DC along with their followers can dictate who gets delegate status at the convention, from the precinct on up. It would for sure keep me from being a delegate to the Iowa convention for the 14th time. My neighbors vote for me because they know I will be a thorn to the political elite that run the party. Even if we only have a meager voice at least it was there. The elite don't want the facts brought up on the floor, a privilege only a delegate can have. In Iowa they banned live media from the floor of the convention after I asked Sen. Grassley on live local TV if he lied about supporting term limits or just misspoke.........they push me further away every convention..........all I'm looking for is truth!
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 8 months ago #27844

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!