Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

BUY NOW, BUY FAST

• Thank you received: 529

BUY NOW, BUY FAST was created by OleCowboy

HR 3018 IH

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax
and special occupational tax in respect of firearms and to increase
the transfer tax on any other weapon, and for other purposes.

113th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 3018
To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special occupational tax in respect of firearms and to increase the transfer tax on any other weapon, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

August 2, 2013

Mr. DANNY K. DAVIS of Illinois (for himself and Mr. PASCRELL) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means, and in addition to the Committees on Natural Resources, the Judiciary, Energy and Commerce, and Education and the Workforce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL
To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special occupational tax in respect of firearms and to increase the transfer tax on any other weapon, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2013’.

SEC. 2. INCREASE IN EXCISE TAXES RELATING TO FIREARMS.

(a) In General- Section 4181 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended to read as follows:

‘SEC. 4181. IMPOSITION OF TAX.

‘There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:

(1) Articles taxable at 20 percent:

‘(A) Pistols.
‘(B ) Revolvers.
‘(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
‘(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.

‘(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.’.

Here the link to the whole bill: www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113hr3018ih/...ILLS-113hr3018ih.pdf
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by OleCowboy.
10 years 8 months ago #28357

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

No chance this will pass a republican House, more electioneering instead of congressional work.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 8 months ago #28360

Replied by OleCowboy on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

I suspect you are right JT, but we have a saying down here in Texas: "pitch till you win". Its also called the roomful of monkeys. Take a roomful of monkeys with typewriters and sooner or later one will type out the Declaration of Independence. Take away is that go at it long enough and sooner or later you will hit...

And that is what this game is about, they will keep throwing it agains the wall until it sticks and its going to happen.

Of note, this is further along than many folks think, its has gone to the GPO and has been published...
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by OleCowboy.
10 years 8 months ago #28362

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

They will never stop trying.
10 years 8 months ago #28366

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

It is called the‘Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2013’.

It is being labeled as a safety concern, but is actually a fundraiser, and a means to further create probable cause to consider targets as APPs: Armed Prohibited Persons, such as we see going on in California right now.

Violate that Tax Act and there are then new grounds to search and seize.

Again, speaking to the choir here: When do criminals who are prone to violence, buy guns in a legal fashion wherein they would be paying these new taxes? They don't, and they won't.
10 years 8 months ago #28376

Replied by OleCowboy on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

10-76 I have written on this a lot. A few years back around Obama's 3rd year in office I knew he was coming after our guns, but I had to figure out how. While almost every gun forum is full of bravado about how some gun guy is going to shoot it out with the folks that are going to knock on his door to take his gun,,,I have never bleived the govt will mount a confiscation effort of any size. The reason is simple, there simply are not enough LEO'/military/DHS and Union goons to do it. Its a bridge too far and a can't get there from here. You might remember the last time the govt showed to confiscate some guns...1500 LEO's/military, tanks, helicopters and it took months which resulted in the largest mass murder of CHILDREN in the US since WWII if not ever. Study WACO to see happens.

Knowing that I pondered at length and then it hit like I could have had a V8. Its what I call the Big Al Capone. Al Capone went to prison and died there, the feds finally after many, many years got him and they got him on Tax Evasion. In short no need to ban anything, just tax it and if you don't pay taxes then the charge is Tax Evasion not gun ownership. GOTCHA Big Al...and when they do that, guess what, they can now legally confiscate your guns and NOT be in violation of the 2nd Amendment.

How good is this arguement? So good that the USSC has affirmed it. Remember Obamacare is a TAX and the USSC affirmed that 'Congress has UNLIMITED powers to Tax'...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, 10-76
10 years 8 months ago #28377

I believe your argument/theory is correct, as you noted in the CA case cited per confiscation squads there, any creation of a probable cause gives way to a warrant for search/seizure.

20% tax on all legal firearms transactions and 50% tax on ammunition limits new firearms and ammunition acquisitions to the extremely wealthy. Can you imagine $75 for a Winchester Value 100 pack of .45, at Wal-Mart?

Back doors, side doors, and peeling back the roof to go after 2A.

Why was it the Japanese never went inland on the U.S. after Pearl Harbor?, a Japanese General was asked...

10 years 8 months ago #28380

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

I better get that progressive loader soon! I've got the brass, powder, bullets, and primers for a healthy pile of ammo, time will be my biggest limiter now....taxes will go up and not just on ammo! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 8 months ago #28387

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by super8mm on topic BUY NOW, BUY FAST

I have started on mine but I still need to put about another $500 in it so I had better get on with it
10 years 8 months ago #28390

Read thru it: page 2, line 24; government agencies are exempt.

Takes effect for sales after Dec 31, 2013.

Only 5% of collection is designated to DOJ for crime intervention studies, the rest is usual pork barrel distribution.

When does this go for a vote?

If my Armalite factory order does not transpire B4 12/31/13, am I going to be subject to the 20% tax? (I found my ordered rifle online, for comparative money, but if I get taxed on my order that's an extra $300 and the "savings" are gone!)
10 years 8 months ago #28400

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!