Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

US Army defines Christian ministry

• Thank you received: 153

US Army defines Christian ministry was created by mrraley

Article on Fox news

:banghead: :censored: :mad:

Now I'm not a religious person... but this is going to far.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
10 years 6 months ago #29660

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic US Army defines Christian ministry

It would appear they want to follow the communist route where the state is the religion. Our Constitution and Bill of Rights is being trashed and congress just sits there and calls each other names. :mad: :censored: :censored: :banghead: :censored:
How soon til the first actual shots are fired in this war?
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 6 months ago #29661

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic US Army defines Christian ministry

You former military folks KNOW where this comes from...The CIC, Obama, after all he is a Muslim
10 years 6 months ago #29663

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic US Army defines Christian ministry

Well, I am not a "Religious" person, I do`nt consider My self to be a "Christian", but, I am a person that believes in the Holy Bible at its literal sense, that what is wrote in there as the truth, I also believe that Jesus, and believing in Him is the "ONLY" way into the spiritual realm called "Heaven". I also believe in Jesus, I just do`nt associate My self with "some" of those so called "Christians", the self rightious ones, You know the types I am talking about, but, who am I to condemn anyone, that is Gods job.
I also believe that there is a "Special Place" for those that are forcing God out of Our country, and it seems that in todays society, there is nothing that can be done. Jesus said that We would have to endure through these things and to "Just Watch and Pray", and so, I do what I can by contacting My reps in warshington and letting them know My feelings on the matters.
Not much more can be done, from this far away, other than to do Like Jesus said and to "Watch and Pray."
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 6 months ago #29670

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic US Army defines Christian ministry

Several thoughts:
1. I generally don't trust any news that is reported by a single news organization, Like any intelligence, I want validation from at least one other source.
2. Has anyone , including the Fox news reporter, read any publications from this group to see what it's philosophy or dogma is?
3. Were any rules, regulations or laws regarding contact with military personnel violated by this group?
4. In a nutshell, I want to know more before passing judgement on this issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
10 years 6 months ago #29678

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic US Army defines Christian ministry

Seems it was not a well vetted article;
www.clarionledger.com/article/20131015/N...sociation-hate-group
or was it;
mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10/15/fox-new...ly-associatio/196429

Guess it depends on your views.............
www.afa.net/Detail.aspx?id=2147540136
and then there's;
www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intellige...n-family-association

Seems it isn't as much a religious issue as is is a gay rights issue.
I've got my views on the topic ...........but the 1st trumps them all. Live and let live.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet, Libertarian623
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 6 months ago #29680

Thank you JT.
10 years 6 months ago #29682

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic US Army defines Christian ministry

This is the usual turning of the tables: AFA is NOT a "Christian" group which is being targeted by the U.S. Military-they are a hate group who has been ID'd as a group that is actively protesting at U.S. Military funerals.

They protest at military funerals as they believe the soldiers' deaths are exacted upon all soldiers, as God's voice against the U.S. Military don't ask/don't tell policy.

As a Patriot Guard Rider who defends and protects these funeral processions and processes, I have seen these groups like AFA firsthand. They have some of the most disturbing thought processes and lack of reasoning I have seen to date: Why would you protest at soldiers' funerals, wherein the dead can obviously not defend themselves, and their opinions on homosexuality in the Military are probably not even known? Because the AFA believes that ALL soldiers who are heterosexual SHOULD and WILL resign from their posts to protest the don't ask/don't tell policy.
:soapbox:
Soldiers and their families here in WI WILL have a respectful burial. For God and Country I WILL defend. The funeral of all passed soldiers will NOT be used as a bully pulpit for divisional politics and personal vendettas.

In short, I've seen/heard the rhetoric up close and personal: The U.S. Military is NOT targeting or hunting Christian groups of any sort. They ARE being wary of domestic terror groups who are cloaking themselves in false religion. These folks who base their lives on a few hateful interpretations from the Old Testament are not much different from those who do the same with the Quoran. I do not agree with the S.P.L.C. on everything, but on this I do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet
10 years 6 months ago #29698

:twothumbs:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Siscowet.
10 years 6 months ago #29701

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!