Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

• Thank you received: 556

72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary was created by jtallen83

72 years ago today the sleeping giant was awoken. I fear that as a country we have lost sight of this hard lesson.
God bless all of those that defended our Liberty! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 4 months ago #32064

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic 72nd D-Day Anniversary

Thanks JT for catching this and absolutely. God Bless the efforts of our proud back then and may God stand beside and guide us all through the times we now face.

God Bless America, her brave, her loyal and all those who support them... :usa:
10 years 4 months ago #32065

Replied by jtallen83 on topic 72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

Just realized I put D-Day in the title instead of Pearl Harbor :blush: That's what I get for complaining about people not remembering history!
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 4 months ago #32066

Replied by Sharkey on topic 72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

That's funny cuz you are usually pretty "on" so I never did fact check you... :laugh:

That's gotta count for somethin... :thumbs:
10 years 4 months ago #32067

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic 72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

I don't know if it's true or not, but one of the most influential things about that time was something I remember from the 7th grade. My teacher told us that after Pearl Harbor was attacked, the recruitment offices had lines of men going down the street. Duty and payback was on everyone's mind. America was attacked and Americans were going to answer.

Then compare it to now when the .mil has to offer bonuses and stop loss people just to have enough to get by.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 4 months ago #32075

My wife's step-father enlisted in the Navy a couple months after Pearl Harbor, he was fifteen! The county clerk fixed him up with paperwork showing he was 17 and his Mom signed for him. He was a bit of a hell raiser so I suppose they all figured they'd sick him on the Japanese. I never knew any of this till his funeral, he was as modest as he was patriotic. They were a hell of a group of men! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #32078

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by et1911rph on topic 72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

There are many who deserve recognition for their service and sacrifice on Dec 7th but please take a moment to look up Capt Donald K Ross. Awarded CMH for actions that day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 4 months ago #32080

Another example of humility, he writes a book but not about his actions but his fellow Medal of Honor winners. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #32083

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic 72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

God Bless them all, and all that have passed on. They fought a tough battle and won.
My prayers go out to them all, and, not only the ones that fought that war, also to the ones in all of the wars America has been in.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 months ago #32090

Replied by Sharkey on topic 72nd Pearl Harbor Anniversary

When America is attacked from the outside, we have ALWAYS stood up and pulled together to do the right things and those were times of pride and honor indeed.

Our toughest fights however, lie right in our laps and there is no pride and no honor at the helm as our own leaders attack us from the inside...

It will be men of honor that will hold the message in their hearts and pass them on to generations to follow that will lead us back from the pits we are moving toward and someday, with Gods help, rise back out of again.

God Bless those that held our dreams so dear back then that they fought and died for them. May their memories be carried forward as new dreams for a better future for us all.
10 years 4 months ago #32098

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!