Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Legislative input

• Thank you received: 529

Legislative input was created by OleCowboy

I have been asked by some members in the Texas Senate to help draft legislation in defense of our 2nd Amendment Rights in Texas, especially ammunition. They to insure that legislation is passed to insure that backdoor gun control is not used to get around the 2nd A. Things like the use of lead in bullets, excessive taxes on guns and ammo etc.

As I draft up my recommendations I would like to have your input, thoughts and views on how we accomplish protecting our rights. Some of you may know already that many states are proposing rules, regs and laws that effectively result in gun control without being gun control. No lead use in bullets, excessive taxes and local gun registration in city limits etc. My good friend and Texas Senator is a major 2nd A supporter and will lead the fight to protect us...

I know most of you are not from Texas, but I entertain your thoughts and concerns...thank you
10 years 4 months ago #32349

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Legislative input

This is a very good notion...... I've been thinking about this.... The issue should be or is.. about the "intent or motive " of the law....... To super cede or circumvent our given rights..... But to prove the intent of a bill would be so abstract.. so circumstantial......
And "Precedence" has already been established on controlling interests and behavior via taxation.... Gasoline.. Tobacco.. Alcohol... Even Obama Care is a tax...... It's a huge Pandora's box that's been opened... If they tax guns and ammo in a disproportionate way.... What's next... Motorcycling.. Horseback riding.. Skate boarding.. Or any perceived higher risk endeavor that is perceived to have collateral societal costs.....
It's really screwed up....... You need to consult with a really good constitutional attorney... You should talk with your buddies in the NRA......
10 years 4 months ago #32353

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Legislative input

One blanket measure you might investigate is to make Texas a TPP-free zone. In that TPP thread I started there is a website wherein they give a complete tutorial and paperwork on how to do just that. Let me see if I can dig it up. That's your state level. The TPP is above and far beyond a "trade deal" in it's legalese: it is the hell hole of initiatives like the UN agenda 21 crap, wherein U.S. laws/rights are circumnavigated by that agreement.

www.flushthetpp.org/tools/

Unfortunately, one major obstacle will be the integration of federal D.H.S. agencies into your local LE agencies: local LEOs who love the IDEA of having extraordinary authority as deputized federal authorities. C.S.P.O.A. is an org. which can help there, in educating your local LE agencies about 2A rights, maintaining them, and how to constructively/legally flank illegal orders for search/seizure as they relate to 2A rights and more.

cspoa.org/

Those are not what you are asking for specifically, but are places to start researching current orgs...

Of course, Chris Cox at the NRA is a great option for reference as well.

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by 10-76. Reason: spell check
10 years 4 months ago #32356

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Legislative inputp-76

I don't have the expertise to make useful comments but I like what 10-76 said. And I am following this thread with interest.
10 years 4 months ago #32357

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Legislative input

Cowboy if it comes to that I will buy stock in Hawaiian tropic and migrate south to Texas. I think that a good approach would be to describe what it is you want to protect(I.E. Industry that has anything to do with firearms, weapons and ammunition rights of them to do business in your state. Then the rights of the people as it pertains to the 2nd. Then frame a piece of legislation that makes it part of the senates job to strike down any portions of new legislation or entire bills that interfere with the goals of the said legislation. I would like to think on this a while to give you some specifics, what kind of deadline are we working with.
10 years 4 months ago #32370

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Legislative input

Well I posted this same exact post on another forum which is Texas based, asked for help and thoughts. I have more answers than on that one (wich is much larger than this forum, and I have already had to ask one guy to leave the thread as I was not here to argue or discuss anything else.

That is why AR 10T is a great forum...

Hopefully this thread won't be deleted and I can use some already good input there to draft some legislation. :cheers:
10 years 4 months ago #32376

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Legislative input

If it is possible to incorporate into the bill that it would need 2/3 majority to be overturned at a later date that would be good, Don't know if you can do that. It would prevent scuttling of the bill if by some reason anti gun people got a temporary majority.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
10 years 4 months ago #32377

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Legislative input

Sisco, not sure on that, certainly way about my pay grade...I am just friends with the Senator and met the team yesterday for 4 hrs as they wanted my take on various subjects...kind of a grassroots thing I guess. And with lucky they are major gun supporters...
10 years 4 months ago #32379

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Legislative input

^^^^ well that's encouraging.......
10 years 4 months ago #32381

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Legislative input

Cowboy- A easy way would be to look at human rights legislation, and how they have put watchdog mechanisms in the bills or senates duties. (I know kind of ironic isn't it) Basically you want it to be loud and clear that this is what we stand for and this is who we are.
10 years 4 months ago #32404

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!