Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Guns did not kill six people. His son did.

• Thank you received: 529

Guns did not kill six people. His son did. was created by OleCowboy

The "You Didn't Do That" Society
Posted by Daniel Greenfield @ the Sultan Knish
First Elliot Rodger murdered his three roommates with a knife, hammer and machete. Then he shot eight people, three of them fatally, and tried to run over several others in his car.

After the bodies were taken away, everyone on television agreed that it was the fault of the guns.

Rodger had been in therapy since he was eight and was seeing therapists every day in high school. He had a history of making violent threats and the police had already gotten involved. He was on multiple prescription medications and had therapists whom he alerted to his plans by sending them his manifesto.

A therapist reacted by notifying his mother who drove out personally. By then even more people were dead.

In a country where a little boy with a pop tart chewed in the shape of a gun triggers immediate action, the professionals who cashed in on the killer’s wealthy family were in no hurry to call the police. One even reassured his mother while the shootings were going on that it wasn’t him.

So it was clearly the fault of the guns. Guns that Elliot Rodger bought with $5,000 from his family. The BMW he used to commit some of the attacks was given to him by his mother.

Jenni Rodger, his British aunt, blamed America and guns for her nephew's massacre. "What kind of a society allows this? How can this be allowed to happen? I want to appeal to Americans to do something about this horrific problem."

Somehow the parenting failure of her brother is now the fault of an entire foreign country.

Rodger's father issued a statement through his lawyer in support of gun control and "staunchly against guns." It might have been a bit more useful if Peter Rodger, instead of opposing a category of manual instruments, had spent more time dealing with his son's problems.

Guns did not kill six people. His son did.

Read the rest: sultanknish.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-you...s+Behind+the+News%29
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, jtallen83
9 years 10 months ago #39190

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Guns did not kill six people. His son did.

Nice Blog, thank You for posting it.
I wrote about My Sons and their spanking they got, and, having to face their own actions, I clicked the "Preview" and it all just went away.
Any how, Anonymous {Sophie}wrote:n " Hmmm one has to wonder if the problem could have been corrected at age 8 not by therapists, but a deserving and swift swat or two (no need of more) to the behind."
To which I replied that My sons had asked Me why I was so mean to them, "So You do`nt wind up having to go to jail" was My reply, Because, I had given them sooo many spankings, well, they must have learned, the only time they had to go to jail was when they each got a DUI.
My youngest son, not that long ago told Me that " I will NEVER !!! be like YOU !!!" well guess what, He now, after trying all the different types of "Non Violent" punishments has reverted to, You guessed it, The good old fashioned types of " You drop Your pants !!!!" spankings. one good swat for each year of the childs age. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I hope it wrks as good on My grand children as it did on My sons. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #39193

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Guns did not kill six people. His son did.

We are in a "It wasn't my fault" period in our social evolution. Our children have learned that as long as they do not take responsibility for their own actions the problems should go away. They have leaned this from their parents, cooperate executives, politicians all the way up and including the Presidents of out country, so why should they believe anything different. Just look at who their role models are, the singers and performers who are constantly arrested and everybody just laughs about it. I realize that at 70 I am old and from a very different generation but these are the future leaders of our country. At my age I can only hope that I am not around to see this happen unless the social pendulum swings the other way (as it tends to do) and society becomes very strict and up-tight as it has been in the past. Well, so much for rambling, hey, you-all have a very good night !
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by MsgtBill.
9 years 10 months ago #39316

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Guns did not kill six people. His son did.

Daily, I'm shocked at the disgusting manor in which public figures police themselves. It's become commonplace to see sports figures arrested bot drugs, assaults, rape, and murder. Athletes in my day were icons and conducted themselves in an appropriate manor because they were public figure and that meant something.

The political arena in America has become a cesspool for crime and corruption. Government officials are elected by the people to represent them and to ensure this country remains the best place to live preserving our culture and way of life.

Each day the news reports another political scandal where some elected official is arrested or indited for criminal actions of nearly every possible crime. Politicians not longer represent their constituents but rather the parties agenda.

Nearly every US Senator joins a very exclusive club of millionaires in very short order. They are there strictly for power and greed. The government of the United States has turned into a club of sorts as these whores prostitute themselves at the expense of the taxpayer.

Every elected official takes the Oath of Office swearing to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States then immediately become part of effort in destroying it.

The government has become so powerful and now the Department of Homeland Security is militarizing nearly every police department across this country. At the taxpayers expense, police agencies are being readied for war. Their officers are being equipped with the identical equipment our troops use on the battlefield for what, for use against American citizens?

USA Patriot Act

I think it’s pretty clear that the USA Patriot Act was planed or written well before September 11, 2001. When you consider the inefficiency of the Politicians and the US Government and the time it takes them to make even the smallest decisions proves my point.

The USA Patriot Act was submitted to Congress on September 24, 2001, a mere 13 days after the attack on New Your City. This historical and life alerting piece of legislation is a full 2000 pages long and to think the US Government could write, debate, edit, and obtain bipartisan agreement on the most invasive piece of legislation America has ever seen in only 13 days is proof in itself 9/11 was staged and planned. The US Government couldn’t agree what toilet paper to use in 13 days never mind creating the Patriot Act.

The whole thing makes me sick!! :soapbox:
9 years 10 months ago #39317

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Guns did not kill six people. His son did.

I don't recall the names right off hand but I'm sure you are correct, the Patriot act was derived from some earlier failed legislation. The biggest federal power grab in our lifetime, they'll never reverse like they said they would when the lobbied to pass it.
If it did anything it was to prove the constitution is dead........... :soapbox: stepping down.....
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39318

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!