Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress.

• Thank you received: 547

Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress. was created by Siscowet

The Senate has already approved this bill, yet the Republican controlled House is ready to kill it. The Democrats want to control your life, the Republicans want to screw you, unless you have contributed big bucks to them. It is time for another party to represent the rest of us.

www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/house-g...ll-veterans-aid-bill
9 years 9 months ago #41240

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress.

I agree 100% that we need another party that represents the people and what's best for all of us!
I'm not sure congress could fix the VA with another bill and more money. The record shows the more money they have the more they waste and the less they do. I say close down the whole thing and leave the money with the states so they can handle the issue. :twocents:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 9 months ago #41241

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Ranchwagon on topic Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress.

I need to say from the outset, I am probably not armed with enough real facts to support or not support political solutions to the "Crisis". My opinions are based upon what propaganda is out there and my personal bias.

BUT, I have never believed just giving the Government more money fixes anything. Honest appraisals are necessary for determining requirements. I don't think we will every get that honest from bureaucrats because of political pandering and self preservation of income. There are too many protections in place for government employees to be disciplined or fired.

If you could ever find a group that is not in it for themselves, an complete audit and appraisal of the system needs to be done. If heads have to roll, then let them. Employee retention should be based upon performance, not the buddy system.

Funding should be a result of real need.

Yeah, I know it will never happen, but I couldn't help myself.
9 years 9 months ago #41243

Replied by Siscowet on topic Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress.

We all are entitled to our opinions, and you are both right in that government money always gets sidetracked. The point is though, this includes things like improving the GI Bill, which I am 100% for. It just seems to me rather than kill it, improve it so that it will be more effective. It is somewhat two faced in that every Congressman will say they support the military, but turn their back on a Veteran's aid bill.
9 years 9 months ago #41246

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Ranchwagon on topic Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress.

I see where the joint committee has approved a 15 billion dollar appropriations bill today. It will still require full votes. Not sure of everything that is in it as the article only covered some of the highlights.
9 years 9 months ago #41313

Replied by Siscowet on topic Veterans aid bill set to die in Congress.

Saw that, maybe there is hope for Congress yet.
9 years 9 months ago #41314

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!