Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

NRA.....AWOL

• Thank you received: 556

NRA.....AWOL was created by jtallen83

WTF is up with the NRA? In the last few months we have suffered set backs with "letters" from the ATF on the Sig brace and now on banning M855 ammo.
They should be airing ads on TV and radio to organize some pushback as well as getting their lawyers busy. Instead all we get is silence.......
Do they defend the 2nd for us or only our hunting rights????? Maybe they figure they will just sell these rights down the river in order to maintain their clout on capital hill, wouldn't be PC to defend our rights to something that looks like a SBR or could be perceived as the deadly amour piercing bullet, god forbid they expend some effort educating people to the REAL purpose of the second amendment, to defend ourselves against a tyrannical government. If they did that then they would be admitting to selling out to the political elite since the passage of the NFA....
:soapbox: stepping down....
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 2 months ago #44251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by 30CalFun on topic NRA.....AWOL

From what I have heard, the NRA is unable to buy ad space through most sources as the TV stations etc. all raise the price to an unobtainable level for the NRA. This being said, the NRA relies on its members to spread the word and educate people. It is very frustrating, and I agree with you that if people knew what was really going on, they would be more inclined to side with the NRA and help support the Second Amendment. Hope this helps.
9 years 2 months ago #44256

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic NRA.....AWOL

JT- I fear you are right, the silence is speaking to me.
30Cal- The NRA has deep enough pockets to buy time on any network. Its just deemed a waste of time to buy time on most networks. But just as corporations have influenced elections to a greater degree over the last few cycles, they are influencing the very fabric of our country. Our people need to be aware of this and enact legislation to stop it before it gets out of control.
9 years 2 months ago #44257

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by 30CalFun on topic NRA.....AWOL

Libertarian, from what I was told by a board member, the fee's quoted to the NRA for network ad space were way out of the realm of reality from a financial standpoint. I realize the NRA has financial support, but these numbers were obviously quoted to the NRA to say that there was no way that network would air ad space from such an demonic group (sarcasm from me there). I wish there was some way the NRA could work around this and come up with a better educational tool than relying on its members, as many will not listen to the members. This has been frustrating me for years.
9 years 2 months ago #44258

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic NRA.....AWOL

30cal- Good to hear your thoughts, your passion for the subject comes through. Just remember your not alone and the message sells its self to a large majority that stays silent. They stay silent not from apathy but from knowledge that it really can be taken back should they choose and when they chose should the need arise. But they are lazy and they remain silent until they are uncomfortable enough to act. Then there are people that sit silently and watch and wait patiently for the masses to wake up. These people are always there when needed you just can't see them or count them , just know they are there quietly waiting for the time when lady liberty will require there action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 30CalFun
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 2 months ago #44260

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!