Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

From the NRA.

• Thank you received: 102

From the NRA. was created by BUILDING MY SASS

This was in a NRA Alert I got....dated 5/21/10

Mexican President Calls For Reinstatement Of Failed Gun Ban

Friday, May 21, 2010

On Thursday, Felipe Calderon, the president of Mexico, where prohibitive gun laws prevent good people from having firearms for protection against criminals and governments of dubious legitimacy (historically the norm in Mexico), encouraged Congress to reinstate the federal "assault weapon" ban. With a warning seemingly designed to appeal to those who believe that speaking out against the Obama Administration's policies are one step short of sedition or worse, Calderon said, "f you do not regulate the sale of these weapons in the right way, nothing guarantees that criminals here in the United States with access to the same power of weapons will not decide to challenge American authorities and civilians."

Calderon also misinformed Congress, claiming that violence in Mexico rose significantly after the U.S. ban expired in 2004. In fact, Mexico's murder rate has been stable since 2003 and remains well below rates recorded previously. However, he did not explain why violent crime has declined significantly in the U.S. since the ban expired, or how a ban on flash suppressors and bayonet mounts relates to drug thugs in Mexico or anywhere else.

Notwithstanding the Washington Post's judgment that Calderon "made a powerful case," we suspect his speech fell on mostly deaf ears in Congress and in Arizona, which he inappropriately criticized for having an illegal immigration enforcement law that is similar to Mexico's. But it had some effect, however. New York Democrat Rep. Carolyn McCarthy issued a statement incorrectly claiming that she has repeatedly introduced legislation to "reinstate" the ban. She has repeatedly introduced legislation, of course, but not to reinstate the ban. Rather, her bills have proposed to apply the "assault weapon" label to far more firearms than were covered by the expired ban, including the M1 Garand service rifle, the ubiquitous Ruger 10/22, and any semi-automatic shotgun or rifle a future attorney general might claim is not "sporting."

Here is the link...
www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=5840

This is documented with the NRA....

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 11 months ago #4212

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:From the NRA.

This gets into the area of some of the lip service as to where they would like CA,AZ,NM and TX back. The weapons used are the ones stolen out of their own army ranks. As a general rule granades just aint your usual sale item in the US. It goes back to the old saying don't sale liquor to an indian so don't sale arms to the Mexican army. ElPresidanty should return all the weapons he purchased and buy them from some other country and just maybe that they can't be traced to the US then. The ones we inspected were from a DOD agreement with those ding bats and now the US is to blame after the Mexican army purchased them. He cain't have it both ways, perhaps the US should have sold arms to the drug cartails then I beleave we in the US would have had a clearer picture of just how much corruption that is down there and I guarantee we would know who was in charge down there and who's side we were all on. Thats a piss pour way of looking at the situation but I'm going to look at it like that. I had several employees from that area that had family on both sides of the border and they constantly complained of the payoffs, bribes, and strong arm tatics deals made. It reminds me of Chicago politics on our side of the border. There is generation after generation of mexicans raised up in that enviroment and one of the guys that worked for me from that area has constantly said he loves his family but they need to be nuked. Now that's most disturbing being that as up on the issues that he is and the rank he carries, he sees no fix with out the distruction of his ancestors land. Danny said he had been on missions in over 20 countres and Mexico was the most corrupt in the world. He said it opperates much like a pirate community with no honor. The Mexican goverment needs to take responsibility for its on delima quit passing the blame, if the pressure is to much to bare get out then we to the north will know exactly who and what to deal with. This whinning about the NRA and Gun MFGs ect is a mute point when they don't lock there own closet.MSH
13 years 11 months ago #4215

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:From the NRA.

I always wrankle at the term "sporting purposes" and especially at supposed 2nd amendment proponents who talk about hunting and sport shooting as though the 2nd amendment had some language about protecting hunting guns. That's something I think that really needs to be constantly challenged. Sure we want to protect arms for lawful purposes such as hunting and sport shooting, but the primary goal of protection of the right to arms is stated as the security of a free state. I think it's fair to read arms appropriate not only to personal and home defence, but ddefence of community and nation as well. That includes auto rifles in my opinion, something NRA seems to prefer to compromise away. Fair enough to ask for transfer controls on them to keep them away from known criminals ans security risks, we had that with the NFA. Problem was when the registration list was closed in 1986 and an entire class of arms clearly relevant and protected under the 2nd amendment were effectively banned (the reason I oppose further registration schemes, no reason to presume it won't be used again to effectively ban more protected arms). Constantly challenging the "sport shooting" notion is something I see as laying the foundation for a path to restoration of those rights. It can not be constitutionally allowed as a criterion for infringing lawful access to arms and we need widespread public opinion to reflect that.
13 years 11 months ago #4218

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!