Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

You Think You Have it Bad...

• Thank you received: 102

You Think You Have it Bad... was created by BUILDING MY SASS

I am putting it in this category because of the "Political" implications of this whole mess...
This is MY BACK YARD for the most part....
May God Help Us...
BMS

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 10 months ago #7964

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

To clarify....About 2 hours from WHERE I LIVE....Up Stream am I...but the winds and the Aquifer DON'T DO THE UP STREAM THING....SO :ohmy:
May God Help Us ALL....
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 10 months ago #7965

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

We're neighbors! I live about 50 miles north east of the plant in Iowa. We are safe here when it comes to the water table but 3 out 4 storms that hit there come here so the wind would not be my friend. I'm amazed at the lack of local coverage, nothing in my local paper or on the local radio. The Omaha news only mentions it in passing. No one seems to think it will be an issue around here. It is nice to know it is shut down right now. With all the flooding I suppose the media has easier more sensational reports to make. To me the dirty little secret that the media isn't touching is the fact that this is a man made flood caused by favoring fish and birds over people. I love to eat both but.... Damn!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 10 months ago #7966

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

If Flood Control were more than an afterthought of the mission assigned to Army Corps of Engineers these days (www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/the_purp...ricas_heartland.html) I wonder if this would be less a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
12 years 10 months ago #7967

Point being my Friend..If it does a "Japan"...all that we own is lost.......but I agree..the ACOE...has alot to answer for...As what was said by folks around here..
Tourist Revenue played a major part in it...always about money...
If either GOES...we loose everything....and where do we GO..
The Wife and I agreed...we will stay "to the end" in our home...and defend it against whom ever may try to take what we have built...We have no where to go.
That being said...Just Remember.....The time is coming were all this world has now...will mean absolutely NOTHING.............
Be Prepared.............and I don't mean food and ammo..though it doesn't hurt to have an ample supply of both....but, well you know what I mean..
God Bless Us All..
BMS

12 years 10 months ago #7969

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

Yea I hear ya. An F5 tornado ran over our nuke plant and everything was cool though :) Its never comforting though. Hang in there!
12 years 10 months ago #7971

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

DON'T WORRY the ACOE have it under control, and the pumps are working fine. Dosen't this all sound familiar! I'm down wind 45min south west, wish we could get a honest answer from someone before it to late. Think we should shut them down before there time, Can't we learn, Oh! and whats going on in Japan that issue hasn't been in the news for awhile! Maybe we should have left the Birds and Bees to do what God intented yea but we can alswys improve!

AKAI
AKAI
12 years 10 months ago #7990

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

ACOE should have maintained the water level in Ft,Peck dam to what it was three years ago,a real nice level apptoximately sixty feet lower than what it is now.at that level there would have been enough storage capacity to hold back a very large portion of the water that they had to start releasing a couple of weeks ago.
They were,last I HERD,releasing about 68,000 cubic feet a second,I do`nt rememers but the flood gates are open in a time that they should be storing water.With over 1200 miles of shore line sixty feet would be "A LOT OF WATER".
The last time they emptied the lake was when more water was needed in the Missippi/Missouri rivers to keep the barges floating,again,in a time when there already was flooding in the south lands. :angry:
www.visitmt.com/categories/moreinfo.asp?...cordID=2181&siteid=1
www.glasgowcourier.com/cms/news/story-247101.html
And a 47 second video of the spillway.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
12 years 10 months ago #7993

You must be up north....here is gavanspoint dam...just north of me...and up stream from the power-plants....

The video says 150,000 but just this week they upped it to 168,000 cfs
BMS

12 years 10 months ago #7997

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re: You Think You Have it Bad...

I hail in from Eastern Montana,Miles City,about a hunnert miles from the southern points of Ft.Peck and about one block from the Jellystone River.
The Yellowstone flows into the Missouri near Sidney Mt. near the North Dakota border.At the Bridge here in Miles City the Yellowstone is flowing 73000 cu/ft a second and there are many smaller tributaries before the Yellowstone reaches the Missouri,taking that 73000 and adding the 68000 from the Peck and it would add up to what is going over Your dam at Gavins Point. :blink: :P
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
12 years 10 months ago #8005

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!