Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

.40 S&W Questions

• Thank you received: 8

.40 S&W Questions was created by Fausty0

1.) Does anyone know where there are Small Pistol Primers and bullets in stock? I can not find anything!!!

2.) Are there any recommendations on powder for the .40 S&W. I have only reloaded .308 and .223. I don't have much experience in the handgun rounds.

Cheers!
11 years 2 months ago #17473

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic .40 S&W Questions

That is the one center fire caliber I own I have never reloaded. Your in Minnesota? Try Ammocraft in Navarre by Lake Minnetonka, if they are still in business. He used to have a huge inventory. Can't guarantee he is still in business. It's been 14 years since I shopped there.
Correction: they are on Shady Oak Road near Hopkins phone: 952-933-3993
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Siscowet.
11 years 2 months ago #17474

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic .40 S&W Questions

The Scheels sporting goods store in Sioux city Iowa had a good supply of all size primers and handgun bullets last week. There are several Scheels in Minnesota so you might check with them. They have never been the cheapest but they didn't jack up prices with the demand so they look cheap now for an average. They had a very limited choice in .308 bullets and virtually no powder, at least nothing I was familiar with, but I did buy a pile of primers! :thumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 2 months ago #17475

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic .40 S&W Questions

I load Power Pistol in my .40 with 180 grain bullets; it would be the first powder I would try with 165s as well. Consistent metering, clean burning, fantastic ES and SD, bulky enough to give good case fill, and low pressure yet good velocity.

In my 180 grain load, I use 6.4 grains and get 980fps out of a 4" barrel. Most books give a starting load of 6.2 grains. It's a great, safe powder to duplicate factory velocity with reduced pressure. It is still clean burning at .38 +P pressure levels, too, so no worries about reduced pressure :cowboy:
AKAI
11 years 2 months ago #17482

Replied by Fausty0 on topic .40 S&W Questions

Well, I found primers and Power Pistol Powder at Scheels. However, I can not find bullets to save my life. Not online, not in any single store in MN, nothing. If anyone knows of any online, please let me know!
11 years 1 month ago #17693

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic .40 S&W Questions

I will look around. Also the end of April we have our gun show up here. I will check that to if you don't have any by then.
11 years 1 month ago #17700

www.luckygunner.com/handgun/40-s-w-ammo :cowboy:http://www.brownells.com/reloading/bullets/pistol-bullets/index.htm?s_o=New+Products+(Descending)&avs%7cCaliber_1=AAW_40zz1zz10+mm+(xzzx400-xzzx401)
AKAI
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Akai.
11 years 1 month ago #17753

Replied by Fausty0 on topic .40 S&W Questions

Thanks Akai, I was look for just the bullets though. I have plenty of .40 ammo but I need to start building my .40 reloading surplus again as it is gone.
11 years 1 month ago #17755

I'll check at the shop, but you will have to give me a couple of days! What is it you want and how many do ya need?
AKAI
11 years 1 month ago #17758

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!