Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

IMR 8208 XBR

• Thank you received: 85

IMR 8208 XBR was created by Dabu

Has anybody tried IMR 8208 XBR?

According to their website, it's The latest in the versatile IMR line of fine propellants, this accurate metering, super short grained extruded rifle powder was designed expressly for match, varmint, and AR sniper cartridges. Ideally suited for cartridges like the 223 Remington/5.56mm, 308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO and the 6mm PPC, shooters will find IMR 8208 XBR totally insensitive to changes in temperature, while yielding max velocities and “tack driving” accuracy. Clearly, the competitor’s “choice” and the Varmint Hunter’s “dream powder”.

your honest and unsugar-coated opinions are requested :)
11 years 1 day ago #22684

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic IMR 8208 XBR

I've got a couple pounds of this powder. It's a variation of Hodgdon's "Benchrest" powder from several years ago. The "max velocity" claim ain't no joke. I had to reduce my load by about a full grain for 168 SMKs because I was getting over-pressure signs - smeared caseheads and flattened primers - from what I previously considered a safe load, 40 grains.

But it burns fast and clean, I've shot it in the winter and spring here and found it to be pretty stable with temps so far. Waiting for the heat to hit at the end of the month to find out about hot weather.

If you've got a line on some, I'd snap it up because it works well with .223/5.56 too.
RLTW
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Dabu
11 years 1 day ago #22708

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic IMR 8208 XBR

Yea, it's the only stuff on the shelves around here. So thanks! :)
11 years 1 day ago #22710

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!