Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

MEC Versa Mec

• Thank you received: 6

MEC Versa Mec was created by Moreau

I have an old MEC Versa Mec, I looked around and I can't seem to find a way to convert it to a different type of round. It seems like it might only be for shotgun shells. Is this the case?

Thanks,
Joe
10 years 11 months ago #22934

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic MEC Versa Mec

Shot shell presses only do shot shells. Metallic cartridge reloading is a whole nuther animal.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moreau
10 years 11 months ago #22936

Replied by Moreau on topic MEC Versa Mec

Thanks! I need to get some shell/powder bottles for it and I'll probably start reloading shot shells, I have trash bags full of empty shot shells I think I have a bag of wads somewhere too. I guess I still need to get me a .308 setup. I'll have to see how Siscowet likes his new Lee setup, seemed fairly priced. Hurry up and post a review Siscowet! :twothumbs:
10 years 11 months ago #22938

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic MEC Versa Mec

It may be a while, my schedule until July is going to be crazy.
10 years 11 months ago #22940

Replied by Moreau on topic MEC Versa Mec

Not acceptable! I need 5000 rounds made and a 10 page review by the end of the night! Hah, just messing around, just keep me updated. I'm graduating from college in a few weeks (finally) and might be hinting towards a reload kit to some of the relatives as a graduation present.
10 years 11 months ago #22952

:thumbs: congrats on college, by the way. I will try. Part of the problem is the weather just turned nice, and some of the best fishing of the year is between now and June 15. If it is nice and not too windy, I gotta go catch a boat full of coho, chinook, lake trout and brown trout. I am working today to clean out an area in my garage for the bench, so I hope to at least run through 40 or so in the next two weeks. Full report and pictures as soon as I do.
10 years 11 months ago #22968

Actually got my bench set up except for lighting. Now I have to find some time to calibrate the scale and powder dispenser, remove its static charge, etc. etc.. Find my empty 7.62x51 brass, decap the primers, and go to work sizing some brass.
10 years 11 months ago #22973

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!